OMG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mollymop78

OMG

Post by Mollymop78 »

:D

After being informed our son didn't get into chosen grammar school we have just had a call from head teacher to now offer a place!!!

I only called the school to start the appeal process and asked what category they got to with admissions, very cloak and dagger like i got the impression from the call that places had been awarded to children in category's below ours. After pushing further it turns out they had put our son in wrong category. Receptionist informed head teacher and within 20 minutes we were offered the place. So very happy right now.
mitasol

Re: OMG

Post by mitasol »

Congratulations but it is concerning to hear of allocation errors. Do you have more details?
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

thats at least two on here in Trafford this year. two different schools - not good.
mummmy

Post by mummmy »

Which Grammar school was it?
mummmy

Post by mummmy »

This forum is so quiet/dull?? in comparison to Birmingham/Walsall forum :roll:
Mollymop78

Post by Mollymop78 »

Sorry should of said its St Ambrose. Obviously frustrated we were put in wrong category to start with but very pleased with the school for dealing with it so quickly.

Ds1 already attends and is so happy there, really worth appealing for.

So I hope my experiences gives others hope. Always appeal, you have nothing to lose. We were told by so many people we wouldn't win the appeal for ds1 but we did. Then just by a chance phone call we find out ds2 is in wrong cat resulting in an immediate offer of a place.

Well that's us done for another 6 years.

Wishing all your children very happy times at whatever school they attend :D
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

Huge relief for you and your Ds Mollymop, at least you dont have months of waiting for appeal. Always great to have both boys at the same school if thats what they both wanted. Really pleased to hear your news.
Tabbycat1995

Post by Tabbycat1995 »

Well done Mollymop. Shame you had to mull this over all weekend. Hope that you can relax now. Tabby :D
Olliesmum

Post by Olliesmum »

Hi Mollymop78,
Your post has given me hope! thank you! I know this all happened a year ago, but we are in a similar position now. Ds was put into Category 9, when he should have been in category 3! I wonder if this will make a difference when we appeal in March? (Ds missed the pass mark by 8 marks.)
We would LOVE to get a phone call from the head teacher! :)