BUS from Balsall Common, Kenilworth to Stratford upon Avon!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Lovingmumoftwogirls

BUS from Balsall Common, Kenilworth to Stratford upon Avon!

Post by Lovingmumoftwogirls »

Hi all,
Who should we contact about buses?

There seems to be a waiting list for the Johnson's bus in balsall common ( takes 40 mins). If there were sufficient numbers another bus would be taken on. I got the feeling after talking to the organiser that it would be a hassle. Not so confident about this being arranged!

Also a 525 bus from coventry to kenilworth to leek wootten and stopping at various other places ( takes 1 1/4 hrs).

If like me, you want the quicker and shorter route bus route, but feel the current private organisers may not organise another bus, please pm me with numbers of DC who you think may be interested ...… then we can look at our own bus!!! I want to work on this straight away, firstly by putting it to the current organiser then if no success, I will work on it myself!
Rockjames

Re: BUS from Balsall Common, Kenilworth to Stratford upon Av

Post by Rockjames »

We would be interested in a bus from Balsall Common. I know there already is one but urban myth / rumour is that it's full. I am one of three parents I know that have tried to contact the organiser via text & email and have heard nothing back so sm getting frustrated.
Have even thought about ringing Johnson's myself and seeing what the logistics are of setting up another one.
hoorayjane

Post by hoorayjane »

Hi there, My DD started SGGS last September and myself and another lady tried to organise another bus from Balsall Common but met with resistance from the current organiser. The lady was very reluctant to supply the contact details of surplus parents and we have ended up doing a lift share. Johnsons did say they would be willing to put another bus on if we could provide 25 interested people. I have 5 definite contacts and would be most interested in talking to you. My contact number is: Phone number removed by Moderator.
Reading between the lines, I think the present organiser has children that are in the latter part of their schooling, so she has little interest in helping with another bus.It has been very frustrating because I know she has several parents contact details and could have improved the situation by passing them on!
Hope this helps! I am happy to share the work involved in organising a second bus, so too is my lift share parent.....should lighten the load a little.
Jane x
P.S The cost for a smaller bus was approx. £800 per pupil, per year and would have to be paid in advance.
Chocs

Post by Chocs »

Hello. I am new to the forum. My son will be going to KES (Stratford) in Sept. I live in Kenilworth and would be very interested in the Johnson's bus as it seems a much quicker route than the 525, which is also very difficult to get on. I don't know how to 'PM' yet (!) to give you all my details but my email is deleted by a Mod! and I'm happy to be involved/help organise if necessary.

Many thanks! :)

please don't post personal details - use private messages only
Rockjames

Post by Rockjames »

Oh, some momentum gathering here. I can guarantee my DD and probably at least 3 others, maybe rising to 5 others depending on waiting lists!

Very keen to get something off the ground.

My text is deleted by a Moderator - can i suggest you stick to private messages for this, thanks
Last edited by Rockjames on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chocs

Post by Chocs »

Hi. I've 'PM'd' Hoorayjane with my details also - so that's another one!

please don't post personal details - use private messages only
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

We are removing all mobile numbers and email addresses from this thread. It is extremely unwise to put such information on a public forum.

To send a PM (Private Message), click on the PM button in the left-hand corner of the member’s post.

If you are sent a PM, notification will appear in the top left-hand corner of any forum page where it will say “You have 1 new message”. Click on that to access the messages.

You can set various levels of notification for PMs (pop-up, email) in your Board Preferences. These can also be found on the Private Message menu.

Sally-Anne (Moderator)
mrsweasly

Post by mrsweasly »

Another one here. Daughter going to SGGS from Kenilworth. Must admit now I've had the offer letter, I have moved on to the next worry of 'how am I going to get her there!'. It would be great if we could get this organised.
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

If you are interested in the 525 - which now comes from Coventry through Kenilworth - the information is listed on the Warwickshire County Coucil website, though it's a little challenging to find. The key is to remember you're looking for the 'Vacant seat scheme'.

http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/vacantseatscheme" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the past the application form for the new school year has been online from around half term in the summer term. You can apply for a seat and once your DC has one you're likely to keep it for subsequent years - assuming the system doesn't change! It's currently £660 a year, which you can pay in instalments over 8 months.

However, we've just received a letter saying the bus will run 10 minutes earlier from Kenilworth from 10 March as it's arriving late too often (presumably to Shottery). It will leave the Clock at 7.47 rather than 7.56. :evil: You're likely to get a longer lie in from the Johnson's bus!
Lovingmumoftwogirls

Post by Lovingmumoftwogirls »

hoorayjane wrote:Hi there, My DD started SGGS last September and myself and another lady tried to organise another bus from Balsall Common but met with resistance from the current organiser. The lady was very reluctant to supply the contact details of surplus parents and we have ended up doing a lift share. Johnsons did say they would be willing to put another bus on if we could provide 25 interested people. I have 5 definite contacts and would be most interested in talking to you. My contact number is: Phone number removed by Moderator.
Reading between the lines, I think the present organiser has children that are in the latter part of their schooling, so she has little interest in helping with another bus.It has been very frustrating because I know she has several parents contact details and could have improved the situation by passing them on!
Hope this helps! I am happy to share the work involved in organising a second bus, so too is my lift share parent.....should lighten the load a little.
Jane x
P.S The cost for a smaller bus was approx. £800 per pupil, per year and would have to be paid in advance.
That's sounds great jane....

I have just pm'd you.
Let's talk and meet up. You have obviously done a lot research and together with the kind offers of some other parents we can get this service off the ground and working!
I don't think we will have a problem with numbers.....
Everyone I have spoken to so far would not have a problem with the advance payment.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now