I am Confused :?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nuber

I am Confused :?

Post by Nuber »

Hi,

My son sat the exams and he did really well. He amassed a score of 259.

Yesterday we got notification that he has a place at QE boys which is all good and well.

Originally we had put down watford grammar for boys as first choice and QE boys secondly.

But I'm a bit perplexed about the whole thinking here. Why did we get the second place.

Oh, by the way I live in HA5.

Thanks
fiate2000

Re: I am Confused :?

Post by fiate2000 »

First - congratulations to you and DS for getting an offer in QEB.

Was the score 259 for WGBS? Although this seems high, but this can well be below the cut-off for outer admission area.

I saw in this forum that a score of 254 (WD postcode) was not sufficient for an offer in Parmiter!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

You got your second choice because all the academic places at Watford were taken by hoys with higher scores than yours. You will be on the waiting list and you will find out tomorow what place you were on. What was your score at QE?
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

Although 259 is a high score, at least 18 boys from the outer admissions area scored higher. The places have gone to them. If any of these boys turns down his place, that place will go to the boy with the next score down. If more than one boy has the same score, they give the next available place to the boy who lives closest.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

The last boy from the outer area to be offered an academic place scored 260. So with 259, your son should be in one of the top few positions on the continuing interest list.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now