Cut Off Marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Raj2710

Cut Off Marks

Post by Raj2710 »

Hi,

Does anyone know what are the Cut Off marks for LGS , St Bernards / Herchell & Slough Grammar Schools this year please.
unknownuserid

Re: Cut Off Marks

Post by unknownuserid »

We've been offered a place at Langley via a letter from Langley Grammar School this morning.

"Cut off of 118 with some pupils scoring 117 and living closest to the school have also been offered a place . . .if you would like to accept the place, please return attached sheet to the Admissions Officer at LGS".

Strange as we have been allocated a school by Eadmissions a school higher up in our preference. .

Can we accept both???
chad

Post by chad »

No, you should not accept both...... you should accept the place at the school that you wish your child to attend through your own admission authority, I would then contact Langley to release the place so that another child can be secure in a place as soon as possible.
unknownuserid

Post by unknownuserid »

Chad,

Thanks for the advice...

But after alot of consideration we have decided to accept the place offered to us at Langley. DC feels the commutes to BGS a bit to much.

Do we have the option to accept the Langley offer as the Eadmission notes states that all lower preferences are automatically withdrawn. I.e. Langley offer sent in mistake. Or do Langlay automatically send correspondance for first round allocation regardless of caf preference.

Thanks
chad

Post by chad »

I would contact Langley first.... to ensure you secure your place. Then release your place via your own admissions authority. Don't give up your 1st Choice place without confirming with Langley.
unknownuserid

Post by unknownuserid »

Chad,

Thank you, yes we will be contacting Langley tomorrow to confirm our allocation.

Fingers crossed.
Blackbuck

Post by Blackbuck »

Hi,

My niece has been allocated a local state school as per my brother filled up on CAF.
He named Tiffins then the local secondary and finally Langley grammar. My niece didn't get into Tiffins. Now we r trying to appeal to Langley to offer her a place as she scored good 121. And put her on waiting list for admission in second round.What do u think will be the outcome of this request. Alternately as we didn't name Herschel grammar, can we make a fresh application for it? Pls advice, thanks. We named the state secondary cos we were confident she would get into Tiffins as we are very much in catchment, but unfortunately she's in waiting list, we r still hopeful of her being offered a place at Tiffins but she doesn't want to go to the local secondary school.
chad

Post by chad »

Phone Langley and ask to go on waiting list..... they should explain where you will be on the waiting list and what the procedure is. Do you know where you are on the waiting list for Tiffins?
Blackbuck

Post by Blackbuck »

Thanks Chad! I did just that, called up both Langley and Hershel Grammars, they said if you put us on low priority or not at all our priority would still be students who put us first than you, absolutely refused to put the name on the waiting list. Lampton Park it is then, Thanks so much everyone, for all your support. Really helpful your views.
Tiffins score is 46.69. I read on the forum last time it went down by one mark so not any more hopes. Thanks everyone.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now