St Clement Danes

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

IHOP

St Clement Danes

Post by IHOP »

DD was thrilled to have been offered a place here via the music route. Anyone else?

As a few others are saying this evening, I really do owe a lot to this forum. As a Bucks resident, DD took the 11+. We found ourselves almost hoping she would not reach the 121 mark as SCD seemed such an ideal choice for my DD (and then her two siblings in due course). Thankfully, we found out about the 11+ score (under) and the Herts music score (suitably high) on the same day. It certainly made life easier at that point.

Knowing what people were doing to support their children to reach 121, knowing what the reviews entailed, knowing how the music tests worked, knowing people's thoughts about various schools has all helped us make a decision that will hopefully sort my little lot out for the next few years.

With thanks,

IHOP
SleepyHead

Re: St Clement Danes

Post by SleepyHead »

congratulations IHOP on getting a place at SCD, it's a lovely school, and we will be trying next year on music too.

Sleepyhead
cosmosmum

Post by cosmosmum »

Congratulations on your place - must be a huge relief. I'm a bit desperate to find out whether a music score of 42 is enough for SCD this year - I won't be able to open the letter untill 5pm as I have promised my DD she can do the honours after orchestra...
Would anyone mind sharing their successful music scores???
Thank you.
angelaht

Post by angelaht »

39 :)
cosmosmum

Post by cosmosmum »

Thank you - feel a lot less trepidation about handing her the envelope now. Gosh, this has been a hard sweat. The scores seem so much higher all round. She sat academic as well but I know her friends with similar scores 143 have been given a 'no'.
Many thanks also to all the users on the forum - I learned so much.
cosmosmum

Post by cosmosmum »

Sorry, that academic score should have read 242. Does anyone know where we can find a link to cut off scores for SCD? Can't see any on their website. The WGSG seem very high - 43 for music outer catchment!!!! We're not in the catchment for WGSG but had we been, I would have been shocked at not getting an offer with 42. I think the standards this year must be much higher as opposed to generous marking.
busybeenfun

Post by busybeenfun »

All the scores etc can be found in the FAQ document which can be download from the SCD website
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now