Shampoo

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pheasantchick

Shampoo

Post by pheasantchick »

Dc1 has reached the spotty face, greasy hair stage. He had been using dc's head and Shoulders shampoo, but that's not really designed for greasy hair.

Last night, I decided to get him some greasy shampoo. Easier said then done. Nowadays, you have shampoo for long hair, short hair, extra shine, extra volume, thick hair, fine hair, curly hair and frizzy hair. However, there is very little basic anti- greasy shampoo. When I was a teen, your hair was either greasy, dry or normal - not so anymore! Also, most shampoos were in feminine type bottles, apart from the anti- dandruff ones. Who would have thought it so difficult to get some anti-greasy shampoo for a teenage lad. Dragons Den - here I come!

Rant over!
southbucks3

Re: Shampoo

Post by southbucks3 »

I have discovered in a world of marketing madness, the "for greasy" hair shampoos have been 're-branded as "deep cleansing with sebum inhibitors" nonsense I know, but have another look, we only buy what's on offer, at the moment ds1 has a big tub of schwarskopft (or something like that).
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

If you look at the bottom shelf in Boots they have their own brand Anti-dandruff for men in a Head n Shoulders clone bottle. That stuff really strips the oil, too much for longer girls hair but great for usual men's length.
secondtime

Post by secondtime »

Theres a version of your shampoo specifically for greasy hair - think its called 'citrus fresh'
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

This thread couldn't be better timed.

DD has hair that has been getting greasier. At the moment she has to wash every other day, but looking at it this morning, we might have to go to every day.

Btw dry shampoo is great. The only problem I have with it is getting DD to stay in one place when I spray it on her.

She still uses kids loreal shampoo or the sainsburys equivalent. I think we might have to change.

And as for shampoo for curly and/or frizzy hair. I'm not so what it's supposed to do, but I still have completely mad hair regardless.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Slightly OT but still related, an organisation which has recently come to my attention is The Little Princess Trust (a bad name I think for what they do). I daren't say much on here but for any parents who feel a haircut may be overdue, it is worth a look, as young people do like to feel they are helping charity. http://www.littleprincesses.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tinkers - don't worry. The day when your daughter washes her hair every single day, using gallons of hot water and hogging the bathroom for hours at a time, is just around the corner. Greasy hair will be the least of your worries.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Amber wrote:
Tinkers - don't worry. The day when your daughter washes her hair every single day, using gallons of hot water and hogging the bathroom for hours at a time, is just around the corner. Greasy hair will be the least of your worries.

:lol: trying to decide if that is better or worse than DD having to be told to get a shower every other day, especially when she doesn't seem to get that she needs to use deodorant too. Not sure she understands how I manage to know when she hasn't put deodorant on. :roll:

I think she is in denial about the whole growing up thing.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

DD has fine hair that gets greasy very quickly. Our hairdresser advised against washing every day and told us to go for a very cheap shampoo. She also told her to condition just the ends of her hair. Recently, someone gave her a Lush voucher - I know, the smells in there give you a headache! - and she bought a bar of shampoo with seaweed in it. It seems to suit her hair. It is quite pricey though, so she's going to have to save part of her pocket money if she wants another bar.
talea51

Post by talea51 »

Tinkers wrote:
Amber wrote:

:lol: trying to decide if that is better or worse than DD having to be told to get a shower every other day, especially when she doesn't seem to get that she needs to use deodorant too. Not sure she understands how I manage to know when she hasn't put deodorant on. :roll:

I think she is in denial about the whole growing up thing.
I have one of those too Tinkers! Not only does she have to be reminded to get in the shower and to wash her hair but she won't wear a bra unless I remind her, she really does need one now!

I am quite sure it's pure denial on her part!
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

My dd2s Year 6 teacher told them in their PE they all smelled, and from now on all had to use deodorant, recently!

Shall I send her round? :lol: