Help on Bus Times - Buckingham - Henry Floyd Aylesbury

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

richard2014

Help on Bus Times - Buckingham - Henry Floyd Aylesbury

Post by richard2014 »

Hi, I am trying to find out the bus times and travel time from Buckingham for students attending Henry Floyd Grammar in Aylesbury. The bus company were unable/unwilling to tell me anything and Google Maps is telling me an hour and eight minutes for a public bus....if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks
anotherdad

Re: Help on Bus Times - Buckingham - Henry Floyd Aylesbury

Post by anotherdad »

Google is your friend. The no.60 leaves Buckingham at 0658 and gets to Aylesbury Bus Station at 0752, leaving good time to walk to SHFGS.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Travel time to your house to bus stop+ nearly an hour on bus+ 20 minutes walk to school, then the whole thing in reverse home again. That is 3 hours approximately, every school day for 7 years :shock: perhaps a tad too much for an even year old? I assume you could not get a place in the royal Latin?
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

southbucks3 wrote:Travel time to your house to bus stop+ nearly an hour on bus+ 20 minutes walk to school, then the whole thing in reverse home again. That is 3 hours approximately, every school day for 7 years :shock: perhaps a tad too much for an even year old? I assume you could not get a place in the royal Latin?
My thoughts entirely - perhaps it's a 12+ or otherwise late application? :?
Marylou
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It's a five minute walk from the bus station so the one that arrives at 08:37 (which is a school service) will be fine.
richard2014

Post by richard2014 »

Thanks all. Google gave me an hour and eight minutes by bus. It is 15 minutes from our house to the bus stop in Buckingham, so total journey best case seems like it is 54 minutes on the bus plus 15 minutes from the house, plus whatever wait time is needed in Buckingham (bus company said 10 minutes) plus a five minute walk at the other end. It's right at the limit of what the DFES suggests is the 75 minutes each way maximum - if not over the limit - and yes, definitely too much for an 11 year old girl - not a 12+ application - just a complicated 11+ situation....going to appeal.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Post in the appeals section - the website has helped several successful appeals over the years. Strangely their PAN is 174 when classrooms are clearly set up for classes of 30 ....
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Good luck..hope you win. :D
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Good luck from me too - we won an oversubscription appeal for that school once so it is possible. :)
Marylou