HOW MANY CHILDREN TAKING TEST?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BOOKWORM

HOW MANY CHILDREN TAKING TEST?

Post by BOOKWORM »

Does anyone know how many children are taking the medway test tomorrow and how many places available?

Also, is anyone else incredibly nervous? 8)

Post by Guest »

I believe there are approximately 300 at each venue,and yes getting very nervous for my little girl.

Post by Guest »

I feel awful for my son. I don't know how I am going to leave him there tomorrow morning. I just want to cry for him when I think about it all.

Post by Guest »

yes its so much pressure on someone of such a young age,and also with it being brought forward 3 months this year hasn't helped us at all.I only started doing anything with her 6 weeks ago,English and verbal reasoning she is great on but the dreaded maths she struggles with,on her first test she did she only got 11 out of 50.But with lots of hard work and dedication on her last 3 tests she has been in the late30's and even one in the 40s,.So just got to pray she does well on the day.

Take care and good luck.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Over the six grammar schools there will certainly be enough places to go round, even with the additional pupils taking the test because of the new system. There are falling rolls in Medway and last year there were around 80 places for boys and the same for girls after the initial results were published in March.

If your child passes the Medway tests, you can apply for all the grammar schools that admit boys, or girls, without damaging your chances at your first choice.

Post by Guest »

So even if she doesn't get the pass mark to get into her first school,you think i can still apply to other grammar schools ? even now?
Anne42

Anne42

Post by Anne42 »

The only thing i'm worrying about now , is that daughter will get hungry , & run out of steam . It's a long time to survive on biscuits .
Peter

Post by Peter »

Anonymous wrote:So even if she doesn't get the pass mark to get into her first school,you think i can still apply to other grammar schools ? even now?
I am not sure of the question. If you are a Medway parent and your daughter is taking the Medway tests, you haven't yet applied for any Medway grammar school. If you have Rochester Grammar in mind and your daughter passes with a score that is possibly too low, then you should certainly include other grammar schools on your application form. If she doesn't pass, and doesn't pass the review, you can still apply for grammar school and when turned down, you have the right of appeal.

If you are a Kent parent applying for a Medway grammar school you will have already chosen your schools. If she passes but is not accepted at the grammar school of your choice in March, then you can approach Medway Council to see if they will consider her for a place at a grammar school with vacancies.

Post by Guest »

thankyou very much for the advice yes we live in kent but literally 1 mile from rochester grammar.Thanks again.