Thomas Telford/Newport Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
char02

Thomas Telford/Newport Girls

Post by char02 »

Could anyone clear this up for me please as there seems much confusion over this matter ........

Can you tell me if my daughter sits 11plus and also applies for Thomas Telford will she automatically be declined at Thomas Telford as this wasn't her first choice?

I have spoke with a mother of a child who sat the exam and also attended TT and she was told that as TT wasn't the first choice then they wouldn't even consider her :?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you
Wolves mum

Re: Thomas Telford/Newport Girls

Post by Wolves mum »

you don't put thomas telford on the LEA preference form, they have a separate application process. So you can't put TT as your first choice.
char02

Post by char02 »

So neither school get to see who's applying elsewhere?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

char02 wrote:So neither school get to see who's applying elsewhere?
None of them do anyway.

Most of the schools in the country (state schools) are applied to via the CAF and the individual school does not know where you have put them on the CAF.

TT won't know either (though they could probably hazard a guess)
char02

Post by char02 »

Oh right I see.

I thought the decision had been taken out of my hands as I feel DD is very bright and may stand a better chance of getting into TT as I know the number of places to NG is very limited but should I still let her have a go at 11plus?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

char02 wrote:Oh right I see.

I though the decision had been taken out of my hands as I feel DD is very bright and may stand a better chance of getting into TT as I know the number of places to NG is very limited but should I still let her have a go at 11plus?

You can have a go at both of them -

TT has a complex admissions policy http://www.ttsonline.net/Uploads/docume ... ar%207.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and many people are disappointed when they don't get palces .

there are 9 ability bands and places are spread across all of them and geographically:
The distribution of places between Telford and Wolverhampton students is controlled by the
Funding Agreement. Between 30% and 40% of places will be given to students residing within the
City of Wolverhampton or residing outside the city but within postcodes WV6, WV8 and WV9. The
remainder will be allocated to students residing within the Telford Town boundary.
char02

Post by char02 »

Ok thank you very much