Bus from Warwick to Stratford?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JamesDean

Bus from Warwick to Stratford?

Post by JamesDean »

rockyroads wrote:The journey time to Shottery was also a factor for us, especially when you pick up from late school trips or clubs and Alcester would not have been practical as we live in Warwick.
Didn't want to hijack the Shottery / AGS thread, so have started a new one to ask Rockyroads what time your DD gets home from school? I know that the bus leaves at 8am (fine) but not what time it gets back???

Cheers,

JD
Bloomers151

Re: Bus from Warwick to Stratford?

Post by Bloomers151 »

I hope you don't mind me putting my ha'penny in but this is a bit of a bugbear of mine :lol: Are you talking about the school bus or one of the 'timetabled' Stagecoach buses? It's just my DS started KES in September and we have been having such 'fun' with the No.16, it seems to have a timetable all of it's own :roll: (I've just read this bit back to myself, think I wrote this too late at night!!) .

If you're talking about the No.16 then DS can get home anytime between 16.45 and 17.45, dependent on whether it's full and he's had to get the slower No.18 & G1 via Warwick bus station, or if the 16 is simply late. Generally speaking the 16 seems to leave Stratford (Bridge St) about 15-20 minutes late (it's supposed to leave at 16.17) and takes about half an hour to get to the north end of Warwick.

You sort of get used to it after a while but it doesn't leave much time to eat and/or do homework/ other activities. That said DS has done brilliantly finding his way around the buses and finding alternatives.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Bloomers151 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Don't mind at all and yes, it would be the 16, Bloomers!!!
Sometimes we see it on the way back from judo (Weds/Thurs) and sometimes we don't - which did make me wonder how reliable it was ...

Oh well, its all part of the package I guess. Good to know there's another KES / Warwick family on here - I may be picking your brains a lot over the coming months Bloomers :D

JD
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

Happy to help JD, and congratulations to you and your DS :D
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Am resurrecting this post now the dreaded 16 will be a reality! Can I ask which bus pass your DS has, Bloomers? There seems to be a choice depending where you want to go - is the bog-standard Megerider enough or do you get the + option?

Cheers,

JD
tbirds1

Post by tbirds1 »

hi new to all this as my daughter has just gotten into shottery, so starting to think about buses....what is the best option - we live nr hatton

thanks