Waiting list in Kent and its impact on the appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
salsa

Waiting list in Kent and its impact on the appeal

Post by salsa »

Could anyone please tell me if the order in which I put two grammar schools in Kent in the waiting list have any bearing when it comes to appealing? I'm planning to appeal to both. Do they get to know this order and hold it against us?

Many thanks!
twellsmum

Re: Waiting list in Kent and its impact on the appeal

Post by twellsmum »

AFAIK you can go on the waiting list for a number of different schools and appeal to them too and they will not know if you are on the waiting list for another school.

Does anyone know about how many boys missed out on a place at a Tonbridge/TW grammar and how far out they are?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... school#c17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
salsa

Post by salsa »

Hi Etienne and twellsmum,
Thank you for this information. About the waiting list form, do the appeal panels get to know the order I put the schools in. I am not referring to the CAF order.

Also, what happens if I get a place on our second preference school. Do I automatically get removed from the first preference school? Does the first school know or could I still remain on their waiting list?
Many thanks
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Hi Salsa

Appeals and waiting lists are two different things and an appeal panel will not know if you are on any waiting lists. If you are offered a place from the waiting list for your 2nd preference you can still stay on the waiting list for your 1st choice. Hope this is of help
Tigger
salsa

Post by salsa »

Hi Tigger,

Thank you so much.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

They might (possibly) know what your preferences are, and therefore be in a position to guess which schools you're on the waiting list for.

However, it would be quite wrong for panels to be influenced by the waiting list, or directly given any information about it.
Etienne
salsa

Post by salsa »

Thanks a lot. Just heard from Kent. They assured me that the panel would not be given that information. I just hope they don't ask me! They shouldn't, should they?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

They might ask about preferences, but they shouldn't ask you about waiting lists.
Etienne
salsa

Post by salsa »

Thank you
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now