Independent assessment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
elizabethswan

Independent assessment

Post by elizabethswan »

Does anyone know how to go about getting an assessment on my daughter, I want to appeal to SGS but her headteacher is unsupportive so I need some form of academic attainment to show as evidence to the appeal otherwise we are sunk! We already have medical evidence. If anyone could help would be grateful!
TIDDLYMUM

Re: Independent assessment

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

You can get an EP assessment- go on the appeals section they will tell you more. I don't think it's cheap though.

How disappointing that head is unsupportive- why?
elizabethswan

Post by elizabethswan »

the head thinks my daughters levels are not good enough for a grammar school, although she had a reading age of 14.5 at 10 yrs, levels 5 in maths and literacy and her writing was a 4a at the beginning of year 6, I think that's fine, i have a daughter at SGS who's levels weren't quite as high at the same age, and her reading age was much lower, but she passed the test so it wasn't a problem. the head won't even write a decent letter, so I am a bit stuck, the EP's I've contacted only test children for SEN usually for help with the statementing process, so I don't have strong enough academic evidence without support from the school.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I am not an expert. There is nothing set in stone that children have to be 100% level 5/6 to be grammar school material. I would suggest you go on the appeals section as it seems to be relatively common to use EP Reports for Gs appeals.
elizabethswan

Post by elizabethswan »

thanks for the advice tiddlymum, I did look on the appeals section and there was a list of EPs, some of which were in the north west, so I will call a few of them tomorrow. I'm not sure if it will be affordable or viable evidence for the appeal panel though, and don't know if I should put the letter in from the head and explain that she doesn't support the appeal, but that I disagree or if I should just leave it out altogether. Because otherwise won't the panel think it strange to not have evidence from the school?