Slough Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Big_School

Slough consortium

Post by Big_School »

Hi, I am new to the forum. My DS standardised score was 109 and I am looking to appeal.
Do I still list the slough schools on the CNF?
Do you know if any appeals at the slough consortium were won last year based on non-qualification/know where I can get this information from?
Thanks
Etienne

Re: Slough consortium

Post by Etienne »

Welcome!
Big_School wrote:Do I still list the slough schools on the CNF?
Have you seen the Q&As?
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... aneous#e35" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do you know if any appeals at the slough consortium were won last year based on non-qualification/know where I can get this information from?
Thanks
If no one on here can tell you, you could try writing to the individual schools requesting the information:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The problem is - they may only be able to tell you the number of successful appeals, not the basis on which the appeals were won.
Etienne
Big_School

Slough Appeal

Post by Big_School »

I will be appealing on the basis of non-qualification - (1 mark off). Slough schools are oversubscribed so will I have to attend 2 appeals for the same school to deal with non-qualification and then oversubscribed or will both these issues be considered together in part 1 of the appeal?

Thanks
Etienne

Re: Slough Appeal

Post by Etienne »

will I have to attend 2 appeals for the same school to deal with non-qualification and then oversubscribed or will both these issues be considered together in part 1 of the appeal?
As far as I'm aware, in Slough you can expect both issues to be dealt with simultaneously at each school's appeal hearing.

(I've merged your posts as it helps to have everything to do with your case in one place.)
Etienne
chad

Post by chad »

You will definitely have to address both issues at the same appeal. Although the qualification mark is 111, due to oversubscription you would be best served to try and show an ability of higher than 111. There are many that will have qualified for the Slough Grammars but will not have a place as they are not ranked high enough (unless you qualify under a distance criteria).
You have to convince them that there is ability well above the 111 mark, they didn't perform on the day and that it is obvious that they will thrive at grammar school.
Big_School

Post by Big_School »

Thank you so much for all your responses.
Big_School

Post by Big_School »

Does anyone know the cut-off marks for each the Slough consortium schools for 2014 entry?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now