GOOD LUCK to fm's daughter!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Countdown Queen

GOOD LUCK to fm's daughter!

Post by Countdown Queen »

fm -Good Luck to your daughter- have left you another message on the 'Test Details'thread. :D
chad

Post by chad »

Just thought I would add my best wishes.....You have ben very visible with your 'Good Lucks' on the site and thought you deserved a couple back :D
Countdown Queen

KE TEST

Post by Countdown Queen »

fm -The test at Camp Hill boys was exactly as you thought, no parents allowed, no chaos!! Hope your daughter found it OK-my son has forbidden any questions-just wants to relax!! Working on the assumption that ignorance is indeed bliss, I'm going along with it!! Thank you again for all the sound advice!
Good luck for March!!
fm

Post by fm »

To everyone,

Thanks for your good wishes. Test has changed quite considerable. Daughter isn't very optimistic and, from the number she has omitted, I suspect she is being realistic. Oh well, she tried her best--what more can you ask of them. Glad it's all over.
countdown Queen

Post by countdown Queen »

fm- don't worry your daughter may have done better than you think.Two years ago my daughter had missed out a lot of the maths questions, so many infact that she has has never confessed to the exact amount! She was, however fortunate enough to gain a place at KE Handsworth for girls! We are still elated and realise how lucky she is!
Your daughter may have completed less in amount but with higher accuracy- I am sure this will be the case.
Here's hoping for the very best result- you both deserve it!
Thank you for all your help and advice, sincere best wishes.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi fm

Countdown Queen is correct you can miss out quite a few questions or get them wrong and still pass. I obtain the detailed raw and age standardised scores from the Foundation Office a couple of years ago and the pass marks (Age Standardised scores of 116 for a child of my son's age) were relatively low. 67/100, 46/82 and 52/70 for Verbal, Numerical and NVR sections respectively. This would have given a total pass score of 348 sufficient that year to get into Camp Hill boys (the pass mark that year was 347)

There was actually a better chance for Girls that year - in 2006 the pass marks for Camp Hill Girls, KEFW and Handsworth Girls were 323, 330 and 317 respectively so the raw scores would be correspondingly lower.

What schools did you put on your LEA list and in what order?

Regards

Ken
normalmum@mo

Post by normalmum@mo »

Hi fm

Just wanted to reiterate thanks for all your fantastic support and help, it was incredibly selfless of you.
Incidentally, contrary to many, my dd found the ke test quite tough too, she was at Camp Hill girls,(very well organised lot!!). She also missed a fair few questions and I suspect may have not got through. She tried her best and that's all we can ask of her, regardless we're are very proud of her and are just relieved it's all over.

I genuinely wish you all the best and will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Dr Jalal

exam concerns

Post by Dr Jalal »

It appears there is quite a lot of concern regarding the amounts of questions pupils weren't abe to complete or attempt. Rest assured there is nothing to worry about....my son, who sat the test last year, missed out a huge number of questions and still secured a place at Camp Hill Boys. Indeed, my son was convinced he'd failed!! I am pretty sure that the tests are designed in such a way as to make it near on impossible to finish in the allotted time.

I have spoken to at least a dozen of my daughter's friends who sat the test yesterday and all of them found it to be tough and all of them missed out numerous questions.

As long as the questions they have attempted (75-80%) have been done accurately then the children should have a fair chance of getting in.

Please, please try not to worry (I know it's really difficult...I'm having trouble following my own advice), the children and ourselves have done all we can and now it is just a waiting game. Our wait will be a little easier though, because my daughter has a test at a local Foundation School next week, the results of which will be announced in December; in January she'll sit the KEHS test and by February we'll get the results....so March doesn't seem all that far off!

To fm: I've read a lot of your previous threads and it is great to see that you've been generous and extremely helpful with your advice...keep it up.

Good luck everyone!
Dr Jalal
sm

Exam Concerns

Post by sm »

Hi

My son took the KE Test yesterday. He found the test quite tough esp. the VR as well as Maths. He had left out few questions due to lack of time. He was very upset about it and came out of the hall crying.

He was doing pretty well at home and was getting marks above 95%.
Anyway!! He worked very hard and couldn't have done better, so have no regrets.

Hope that the Handworth Test next weeks is better.

Good Luck to everyone!![/b]
salmom

11+ exams`

Post by salmom »

hi. my son sat his KE camphill exams yestedrday. he told me it was hard missed abt 30 questions. he said that the vb was tough. but others to be ok. he is quite good at school. is there a fair chance of him getting in .HE HAS DONE IS HIS VERY BEST- CAN'TA SK FOR MORE. KEEPING THE FINGERS CROSSED
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now