Practice test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Superstarxxx

Practice test

Post by Superstarxxx »

I was thinking it may be a good idea to give my son a practise exam as I think he'll be sitting the kent test in the next couple of weeks. Could anyone recommend which papers to use? Am looking for something as close as possible to the real thing.
Thank you
Twinkle

Re: Practice test

Post by Twinkle »

GL Assessment papers are closest to the real thing apparently. You can buy then in packs in places such as WH Smiths or from this website. There are 2 sets of 4 papers for each of the three subjects. But at this stage you may think it better to buy a variety pack. Depends how many you intend to do with your son. I hope that helps.
Superstarxxx

Post by Superstarxxx »

That's perfect! Thank you for such a quick response.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Is he a late sitter for 2014 entry? Is it the Kent test that applies to a lot of Kent grammars ( a small number have their own)?

If so, yes, GL Assessment familiarisation papers. There are 8 in each subject (two packs of 4) and the ones that you want are Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning and Maths ---- not English.

There are a also some books by GL Assessment which tell you how to do each question type in Verbal and Non-Verbal --- the books are called Verbal Reasoning explained and Non-Verbal Reasoning explained.

It is definitely worth going through these papers. People who invigilate have said in the past that the real papers are pretty similar to the familiarisation papers.
Superstarxxx

Post by Superstarxxx »

Yes he is. Don't have a date yet though. Thank you so much for your advice.
mystery

Post by mystery »

The other books that prepare well for these papers are Peter Williams "Practise and Pass". Is the school superselective or is just an ordinary pass required? I think that would affect how much time you put in at this stage. Your time is limited if your child is at school ..... easier if home educated!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now