For Langley-Where to move?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bluesapphire

For Langley-Where to move?

Post by bluesapphire »

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum, but I hv been reading and visiting this forum diligently from past one year. Thanks everyone for your advice, inputs and concerns, it really helped :D !!!!

DD has been offered a place at Langley Grammar school. We live in Ickenham and I just drove around today to school, to check the distance, its a fair commute and I cant imagine what it must be at peak times.....!!! I was thinking of moving somewhere closer but I have another child as well, Ickenham area and schools both are fantastic, so thinking what to do really, can anyone please suggest good areas like Ickenham around Langley grammar with a fine connection to fantastic primary school as well. What do you suggest Langley, Iver, Slough, please list really safe n good area to live with a family.

I need to act quickly if I have to buy. All advice, inputs and suggestions are more than welcome, so experts please please advice me, I m so confused right now!

Many many many many thanks in advance.

Bluesapphire
bluesapphire

Re: For Langley-Where to move?

Post by bluesapphire »

Hi,

Forgot to mention. Hubby needs a good train or tube connection into London, Sumwhat walkable to a train or tube and good connection to commute to work.

Thanks once again.

Blue Sapphire
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Didn't you look at the journey before choosing the school? Are there no good senior schools in Ickenham?
scary mum
bluesapphire

Post by bluesapphire »

Hey, I m really happy about the school and absolutely thrilled that she going there, and no problems in moving as well, just confused which area is closer to Langley with good primary schools and fast London connection. Unfortunately- No grammar schools in the biggest borough of London-Hillingdon!!!!
astreix

Post by astreix »

I live in Hillindgon and there are a number of girls which travel from Hillingdon to Langley, so even if you stay put she will be able to find company for her daily journey. I think the school also will allow you to exchange info about car pools and other transport options.

However if you prefer to move closer to the school you could look at Iver which is quite close to Langley. Alternatively anywhere on the Reading to Paddington line - Langley, West Drayton, Slough might work depending on your budget and preference.
vnhbmum

Post by vnhbmum »

Hi blue sapphire,

I would suggest Langley is good place
Though my daughter got Herschel we live in Langley
And primary schools castle view is good one I had same issue
We moved from hounslow last year as I wanted near to school
I don't know whether u r looking private option there is
One very good school where my little one goes which
Is st Bernard's prep just on back side of st Bernard's grammar
and for station u either has to be near Langley or slough station
I am very near to Langley station as my husband commutes to central
London as well, iver is a nice place to live quite big houses depends where u want to
Let me know if u need any info congrats
To ur dd for getting into Langley grammar
bluesapphire

Post by bluesapphire »

Thank you sooooo much vnhbmum and astreix!!!! I m so glad that you both have given me so valuable info. I hv been reading the forums and speaking to friends rgdg this as well. I m somewhat relieved now. Do we hv any door pick n drop off coach from ickenham? The area where u live vnhbmum sounds brilliant, I will look it up on net. Thank you so much for your fantastic support, God bless :)))
astreix

Post by astreix »

Not sure about pick up and drop off from Ickenham, but I think there is a pick up and drop off from Hercies Road which is very close to Hillingdon tube station