Kendrick test - letter and rubber question!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
aliportico

Kendrick test - letter and rubber question!

Post by aliportico »

Anyone else giggling over the mistake on the first line?! I guess they edited last year's document, but not quite well enough :lol:

And when they say, don't bring rubbers - I assume they will provide their own? (Otherwise what happens if you want to change an answer? My partner said they're really harsh and will only accept the girls' first answers, but I'm sure that can't be true, lol!) Can't imagine how your own rubber could help you though.

My daughter's going to be in the afternoon contingent ...
kendrick mum?

rubbers will be confiscated

Post by kendrick mum? »

Hello there

Yes I also giggled nervously at the error. Hopefully nobody turns up saturday.

I will also be there for the pm sitting, I wonder if it is done under school alphabetical order as the others sitting in my dd's class are also attending at the same time. I wonder how many have applied this year and if the reg number reflects somewhat (Highest number at school nearly 500).

I think the reason they are not allowing the use of rubbers
1. invariably some children end up rubbling out the answer so crossing out and rewriting answer preferable
2 like to see working out

regards Kendrick mum?
Ella

Post by Ella »

My dd is in the morning session - which I'm pleased about as it will not give her much chance to back out at the last minute! Also, our letter DID have the correct date, although I probably wouldn't have noticed. :oops:

Kendrick mum? - if your theory is correct, the numbers look quite high; last year the candidate total was 447 (I think) although that was down on the previous two years - so it looks as though we may have a bumper year this year (unfortunately :roll: ) - oh well, I certainly won't tell dd!!

Good luck to everyone for a week Friday.... I won't give any feedback until at least several days after the 16th as there will possibly be a few girls that take it at a later date.

Ella
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Ah, you got the morning letter then Ella, fully edited!

DD's registration number is 183 - I was surprised it was that low, as we'd only given the form in at the last minute. Your theory makes perfect sense km?

I guess grouping them by school makes sense too - less disruption to the primary school if they are close enough to just take a morning or afternoon off. My daughter's home educated though, so I can't add any supporting data!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now