Continuing interest process

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

prod

Continuing interest process

Post by prod »

Does anyone know how the continuing interest process works? I understand this week is the first run, and my local authority is Hertfordshire. Are they going to update the portal today or at some point during the week? Or will we be contacted by schools first if there is a change?
rainbowpots

Re: Waiting list

Post by rainbowpots »

prod wrote:Does anyone know how the continuing interest process works? I understand this week is the first run, and my local authority is Hertfordshire. Are they going to update the portal today or at some point during the week? Or will we be contacted by schools first if there is a change?
I was told by my LEA that today (17th) is the deadline for accepting/declining places. The 27th is when the offers are done.
fluffybudgie

Re: Continuing interest process

Post by fluffybudgie »

Hi, I was told that an email would be sent out approx Thursday informing us to log into the online system for an update on our child's position on the CI lists and if we have been offered a place. Also, some schools will write to you but I image the online system will get there first. I HATE WAITING!
angelaht

Post by angelaht »

does it show positions for SWH consortium schools or will we have to phone the school to check?
HenryVIII

Post by HenryVIII »

My experience of the Herts online portal 2 year's ago and the CI was that there was a message saying 'school x is its own admissions authority please contact the school directly (or something like that)'.

It looked like emails were only sent to new allocations, not to CI. Soon after, we did receive a letter from the higher ranked school indicating CI position, but the letters do peter out over time so it's worth writing a polite email to the school admissions officer asking for CI position after the relevant cut-off dates.
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

Last year I emailed my first choice school the day after they were supposed to announce the runs of the CI list ( WGSG) which I believe is the 27th. They replied a couple of days later with her position. The 2nd running of the list end of April I actually got an letter from the school saying we had a place before we had the email from the Herts CC saying we had a place. So if you get a place then usually both the school and the council will let you know. After the end of May it is down to schools only as the council pass the control of the lists to the schools only.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now