KEA waiting list advise

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

z-g

KEA waiting list advise

Post by z-g »

Hi all, hope you are all well.
As some of you may know that my DS1 had a score of 213 and was given his second choice HGS but we were hoping for KEA. Well, he was number 7 on the waiting list and now has moved down to 12, any chance that he will get a place at KEA. Oh! and KEA have over PAN by 10. Any advise? thank you.
Zainab
Happy dad

Re: KEA waiting list advise

Post by Happy dad »

Hope for the best, but prepare for the school offered. There is little information from last year to show what movement there was on KEA, but effectively your son is 22 on the waiting list, and gut feel from the size of intake this appears to be only an outside chance.

HGS is a good school, and as you put it second on the CAF I presume you think so too. So hope you may get offered your first choice but don't be disappointed with what you have been offered.

Not entirely sure how you go from 7 down to 12 though.
z-g

Post by z-g »

Thank you Happy dad. Apparently the KE foundation gave KEA an extra 5 more pupils to put on the waiting list and they had a good mark above 220, that's why my DS1 got moved down :( . Only a few have rejected. I have heard that HGS is a good school, especially after the change of the head. Thank you again for your advise.
orianagirl

Post by orianagirl »

Hi z-g

Don't give up hope! Last year my DS was 8th on waiting list for KEA and then moved down to 15th! We had given up on the idea of him being offered a place, when we got a call at the end of May offering him one!

Keep calling the Foundation office at regular intervals to see where he is on the waiting list, it is still early days and it does change. Good luck and I will keep fingers crossed for you. :D
z-g

Post by z-g »

Thank you, orianagirl. That is very reassuring and yes I will keep ringing the foundation.
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

Hi Zainab,

How's the movement on the waiting list going for KEA ? I was told by someone who was also waiting that they are now taking off the waiting list (the over PAN was 9) and I believe they have offered 8 off the list thus far.

Your getting there.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks Elbart
z-g

Post by z-g »

Thank you for the info, Elbart,
DS1 has moved up to number 3, which is good news, I was told by the head of KEA that he thinks DS1 will get in, I hope!
I will keep you updated.
Zainab
orianagirl

Post by orianagirl »

z-g

That sounds really encouraging news, still keeping fingers crossed for you.

:D
z-g

Post by z-g »

Thank you so much orianagirl,
I just found out that 118 have accepted a place and KEA have offered 2 places to make up the PAN 120. So I don't know if DS1 will have a chance.
Is anyone else waiting for KEA?
orianagirl

Post by orianagirl »

z-g

That's disappointing, but never give up hope. And remember even if your DS isn't offered a place at KEA he still has a place at HGS which is a great school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now