Waiting lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pinkrabbit38

Waiting lists

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Has there been any movement on the waiting lists yet? Has anyone now been offered a place?
proudmummy

Re: Waiting lists

Post by proudmummy »

hi,

i had checked with Essex CC last week; DS no. 16 on wl; called up yesterday , he is now no. 17 !!
can someone explain how this works? how can he go down the list?
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Which school are you on the waiting list for?

Parents can make a late application. So if your DS scored 342 you would have thought that you would be allocated KEGS or CRGS. However, not this year. So a parent may make a late application to WHSB and slot in at position number 1, thus moving everyone else down a place.

There is a sticky with waiting list info which may help.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Just spoke to admissions at Southend and they say the waiting lists won't change until at least next Monday.
proudmummy

Post by proudmummy »

hi SephiB,

i am looking for KEGS wl.
score is 351
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Has anyone heard anything yet? Southend schools line really won't tell me anything since the admissions day w/l position.

I know that ultimately we just need to wait it out, but waiting until today was painful enough, and now they're saying call back if I haven't heard anything by the end of next week.

DD was 4th on list on admissions day, and having since found out about the fact that others can apply after this date, I'd just really like to get a feel for where she might be now, but neither Essex or Southend schools line can/will tell me :(

Just wondered if anyone else had heard, as it might provide a rough idea of any movement.
Buddy

Post by Buddy »

Hi Mojojo, I rang Southend yesterday and they told me to call on Monday. This time last year the top couple of girls had already been told they had places. There's a thread on here called waiting list on about page 14 and you can see when the girls got offered last year. Southend told me last week that if the girls are OCC they tell their local authority and then it's up to the local authrity to send a letter out (which can take a little time). Also apparently they don't update their system quickly so your DD could have been offered a place already but unless you happen to get the right lady on the phone at the right time, nobody else knows.

I know this doesn't really help but last year about 25 SHGS places were offered so no 4 on the list should definitely get in. My DD is 2nd on the list.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Got told yesterday by admissions that Southend waiting lists won't change until Friday 28th March
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Thank you both - Buddy, I think you may be the mum that spoke to my DD on offer day :)

I did call Essex right after Southend today, as I thought that perhaps any communication would go from Southend to them, but the chap I spoke to really didn't seem sure what he was doing! (he just kept telling me that they didn't keep Southend waiting lists, but not really understanding what I was asking him).

Thanks for the reassurance - the "late application" thing just really knocked my optimism. It seems like this is an unprecedentedly tough year for the other schools, which I fear might lead to many late Southend applications.

I will try to be patient for another week!
ahap

Post by ahap »

Essex wouldn't know about Southend schools waiting lists so ring Southend to find out about Southend schools and Essex for Essex schools. But the offer will be from Essex of course for Southend schools if you are an Essex resident. You might find out whether you have got a place before Essex knows by phoning Southend.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now