Waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pragka

Waiting list

Post by pragka »

I am new to this forum! How does the waiting list work? My boy got into Fiveways which was his second choice. He might get into Camphill boys in waiting list. Well, we are in a dilemma.I would like to know whether we could refuse the offer.
UmSusu

Re: Waiting list

Post by UmSusu »

pragka wrote:I am new to this forum! How does the waiting list work? My boy got into Fiveways which was his second choice. He might get into Camphill boys in waiting list. Well, we are in a dilemma.I would like to know whether we could refuse the offer.

No, don't refuse the offer unless you are not prepared to send him to FW at all. Accept and if a place comes up for him at CH they will still contact you. Remember that you can only be on CH waiting list if you had put them as a higher preference on your form.

Congratulations, great school.
UmSusu
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

You need to accept the offer for Fiveways today to ensure he has a place at a school come September. You can then wait and see if he gets offered a place from the waiting list, Camphill - if you know that he now wants to go to five ways, you can let admissions know that you do not want to sit on the Camphill waiting list.

Lol! I see UmSuSu beat me to it!!
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

My son's class had a new starter in the middle of Year 8 for KECHB, off the waiting list...it does happen...
pragka

Post by pragka »

Thank you all for replying :D
Yes, I've already sent the confirmation to fiveways.
Sharp25

Post by Sharp25 »

We gave up a place at KECHB in favour of KES and I hope it will help you. All the best for you and your DC!
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

UmSusu wrote:Remember that you can only be on CH waiting list if you had put them as a higher preference on your form.
I am not sure that is strictly true UmSusu. You can elect to be put on the waiting list for a lower preference (preference having changed since form submitted).
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

That is correct Happy dad but you would have to request that, it would not be automatic.

Give them a call and see your place on the waiting list. I have heard of several people going further down the waiting list as people have requested to put their names after 1st March.
UmSusu
pragka

Post by pragka »

Thanks sharp25. Still waiting.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

pragka wrote:Thanks sharp25. Still waiting.
May be worth checking where your DS is on the waiting list to give you an idea of the chances of getting into KECHB.

Good luck.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now