11+ mock exams Harrow - Moray House type

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hera

11+ mock exams Harrow - Moray House type

Post by Hera »

Did anyone book these mocks last year and if so what were they like?
lastminmum

Re: 11+ mock exams Harrow - Moray House type

Post by lastminmum »

We are also thinking of booking these as it says they are suited for dc's sitting exams for DAO. There is also another company offering mocks in Finchley (Woodhouse College) again saying they are good prep for DAO. Would anyone recommend these?
Rainbowstar

Post by Rainbowstar »

Yes we did last year. We only did one test as I just wanted dd to be ok going somewhere & not knowing people etc. she did very well in Vr & not so in maths which was opposite to how she usually performs but I do think helped. However I do know a couple people who did them & as their children didn't perform very well they wished they hadn't done as they were worried about the effect that would have in the real exam.
However the feedback is brilliant and you can see areas to focus on before real exam. I would def do again for mine.
lastminmum

Post by lastminmum »

Thank you Rainbowstar, I'm assuming you mean the Moray mocks and not the Finchley ones. Will def investigate booking dd in further. I think she would really benefit from doing tests under 'real' timed conditions in a hall with unfamiliar faces. Whatever the results I hope dd will understand how much prep is needed for the actual tests.
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

I'm trying out the Harrow mocks this year too, not the Moray House style, the CEM ones. A friend of mine did them last year and said they were tough but very useful experience.

As for the Woodhouse mocks, my DD did them 3 years ago and they were awful. However another friend of mine did them last year (who had also done them 3 years ago) and said they were much improved.

Don't be too disheartened by poor mocks scores, part of the point of mocks is familiarisation with sitting exams, the strange place, the large number of people, the test conditions etc. I think mocks are fantastic and worth doing.
Hera

Post by Hera »

As for the Woodhouse mocks, my DD did them 3 years ago and they were awful
We did these ones in 2012 and I was not at all impressed.
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

We did the Harrow ones last year, both CEM type and Moray House. Going from memory, they emailed results very quickly and provided detailed feedback. Definitely recommend them.
SleepyHead

Post by SleepyHead »

hi middlesexmum - would you recommend them for north london girls consortium?
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

My dd sat North London Consortium exams, I don't know if the Harrow centre do similar papers but I still think they are worth doing. There are loads of consortium past papers available on the various schools' websites, you can always do those at home.