GL NVR pack 2 - some questions

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

GL NVR pack 2 - some questions

Post by mystery »

Please could you tell me how you would explain how to arrive at the correct answer for:

Paper 5 Section 1 question 4

Paper 6 Section 2 question 11

Paper 6 Section 6 question 2

Thanks everyone.
mystery

Re: GL NVR pack 2 - some questions

Post by mystery »

Anyone please?
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Sorry mystery, haven't got pack 2

If you get really stuck, scan and copy them and I will pm you my e mail and get super nvr nerd to have a look.
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

I have pm'd you.

Also, I will suggest not to scan/email as that is probably violation of GL's copyright.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

You may photocopy or scan part of a publication, including sending by secure e mail, for the purposes of private study, or in this case assistance with private study.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Thanks both of you. Our scanner is not working. Maybe I'll see what is not striking me as obvious soon - I must be being a bit dim. There was another question which floored me and then I realised it was because some shading had not come through on a photocopy!
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

southbucks3 wrote:You may photocopy or scan part of a publication, including sending by secure e mail, for the purposes of private study, or in this case assistance with private study.
I thought all books clearly says copyright policy - "No part of this publication may be produced......".

Your call but I won't do or recommend doing it. :(
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

I didn't reply, Mystery, because I didn't know! I think I would've got the first answer, just by instinct, rather than because I understood what was going on! As for the other two, I drew a blank. If you or Parent 2013 could share the solution, I'm sure plenty of us would be very grateful!!
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

Paper 5 Section 1 question 4 - both shapes have to be same, if they overlap then they face in opposite directions if they don't then they should face the same direction. They have parallel symmetry so the answer is B

Paper 6 Section 2 question 11 - the circle is always on the right hand side. Answer is A

Paper 6 Section 6 question 2 - there are 2 shaded semi-circles and 1 if out of the octagon and the other is inside. They are never next to each other. Answer is B

Hope this helps
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh neat, thank you. My problem is I always look at these things late night after a glass of wine when I'm done for!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now