Bexley tests - share

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
exams

Bexley tests - share

Post by exams »

Dear all,
The time has come, and my daughter will sit her first exam tomorrow. We are all excited and a bit nervous. She worked hard, and I tutored her. Her dream is to go to a grammar school. I told her that she should just do her best on the exams, and I will always be proud of her no matter what. These exams are not easy for any child of 10-11. And all children who worked hard to prepare should be praised.
We will face a long wait till March after these overwhelming two weeks. It would be so nice to hear from other parents whose children will sit the exams in Bexley - to help with worries, may be to share some experiences and help in keeping the wait afterwards.
And, most importantly, good luck to all our children.
traceyanne2

Post by traceyanne2 »

Yes we're starting tommorow. We're going for total chill out this evening with The Railway Children, popcorn and coke! I know its not everyones choice of healthy eating but they did have a healthy dinner! Part of me wants my daughter to work on more tests tonight as I would if it were my test but all the advice points towards plenty of sleep and relaxation and I know she'd rather have that any day. Just hope we've done enough, I can't believe we've got to wait so long to find out.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Thank goodness for this - I'm sick of wading through masses of stuff on Kent, interesting though it is, to find stuff on Bexley. You're quite right to do nothing but chill tonight Traceyanne. It makes me cringe when I hear of people doing practice the night before. That can't possibly help at all.
exams

Post by exams »

Today I encouraged my daughter to have lots of rest and asked her not to play any computer games. Although she sneaked there for 10 minutes (just a child). I also aked her if there was anything she wanted me to remind her of in maths. She replied that she felt we have covered all topics.
My daughter did not like maths much before, but now she enjoys it more because she is more confident in it after all the hard work. She really likes resoning (VR and NVR). Fingers crossed for mathematics, my favourite subject when I was in school, by the way.
traceyanne2

Post by traceyanne2 »

Daughter did all that chilling out and still couldn't sleep very well (nervous anticipation) . Oh well she's got all morning to wake up. Hope I can hold off on the questioning tonight, if she finishes it alright I'm sure she'll offer information on how it went. She's taken a 'lucky pencil' as school will only provide one and she's sure disaster will happen and she'll break her pencil!
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

No, my son didn't sleep well either. He's a very light sleeper and has a tendency to go to sleep, then wake up after an hour or two and be unable to get back to sleep. So I resisted the urge to pack him off to bed early last night. I read to him and lights were finally out at 10pm. He was still awake when I went to bed at quarter to 12..... But he did have an undisturbed night after that and I expect his adrenelin will keep him alert today. He's clearly very nervous. I just wish they did all the tests in the morning so they can relax for the rest of the day. I'm feeling quite sick myself at the moment - can't face any lunch! I've just taken my dog on a long hike to try and get rid of some of my nervousness - didn't work!!
traceyanne

Post by traceyanne »

When I went past Townly this morning there were hoards of younger children queuing outside, presumably out of borough children sitting the Bexley test. Looks like they got their test in the morning not positive though. I guess ours will be sitting theres right now. I do hope she comes out happy.
exams

Post by exams »

Yeasterday night I couldn't sleep till midnight. Was so nervous. This morning got up early, woke my daughter up. She couldn't eat her breakfast, said was not hungry. We went out early, and she did have breakfast in Burger King, finished whole meal!
When she went in for the test, I became so emotional, and tried to stop tears coming out. I thought about my life, my family and this important moment in my daughter's life. My legs became a bit wobbly, and I thought 'Common, this is only exam.' Somehow, calmed myself down.
When my daughter came out after the exam, she smiled, and hurried to me. She told me that she finished 10 minutes before the time, and used the remaining time to check her work. This was so surprising because at home she always needed extra time for maths papers. She said the questions were very similar to the ones we did from NferNelson's papers, and she remembered how we worked on them.
I gave my daughter a neclace with stars I bought today, and told her that she is my star. She said she felt as if today was her birthday.
Tomorrow is another day and another test. Fingers crossed for VR.

Post by Guest »

Yes, I have just registered. So I am not 'exams' anymore. How was your day? I think I have asked my daughter more questions than she had on exam! :roll:
Alice73

Post by Alice73 »

My last message came up under Guest name. Will try again. I am not 'exams' anymore, I am registered with username Alice73.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now