Wallington Grammar Waiting List -Success Stories

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
HSP2201

Wallington Grammar Waiting List -Success Stories

Post by HSP2201 »

My son is currently on the waiting list at Wallington Grammar, his position is between 5-10. At first this news sounded promising however after speaking to the school, was informed that any places offered on National Offer day which were declined have already been reallocated. As it stands they have full allocation of places.

The only chance my son has now is if further parents decline offers. I do know some parents who have been offered Wallington and an offer from independent but still cannot make mind up.

Would luv to hear from parents who have been through this situation of being on the waiting list. Some parents say they still is a chance for my son to get offered a place but I'm not so convinced. Just wanted to hear from others what they think or have experienced.

Many thanks.

HSP2201
ThreeKids

Re: Wallington Grammar Waiting List -Success Stories

Post by ThreeKids »

I do know that in my sons year 2 local boys were offered places. One at Easter and one the day before the induction days. If I know 2 local boys I am either unusual or there was a reasonable amount of movement right up to the last minute. In previous years I know of one that was offered just before the autumn term started and one last year who was offered mid April. I think you can just never tell, but I would say there is hope. Of the last two examples that were offered both declined as they had already got used to the idea of going to a school they placed lower down their CAF. That means that when a place came up they went down at least two places on the waiting list before the place was allocated, so you are not necessarily needing for 5-10 places to be rejected as one rejected place could mean they move a fair way down the waiting list before the place is taken. Good luck and crossing fingers for you.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HSP2201

Post by HSP2201 »

Thank you so much Ladymuck and Threekids.

Your comments were very reassuring and shows there is some hope . Thank you for replying.

HSP2201
motherof2

Post by motherof2 »

Hello. Thank you for the postings. My dd is in the same situation. The wait is actually worst than the 11plus preparation. The date for completing the forms is 22 April. The wait continues :?
momydem

Post by momydem »

Hello motherof2. Seems we're in the same boat as my DD is also on the waiting list. I absolutely agree with you that the wait is a step higher than the prep itself. But it seems I'm missing something here. If u don't mind me asking what form? We didn't fill/receive any form. I will appreciate your feedback pls. Thx
motherof2

Post by motherof2 »

Hi Momydem. Sorry I should have been more precise with my posting. I am referring to those who have a space need to fill in the induction forms by 22 April. So maybe spaces will become available after that date. I have no idea just thinking aloud!
Last edited by motherof2 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
HSP2201

Post by HSP2201 »

Hi All

Thank you for your responses. I agree, the nightmare of 11+ and Grammar school doesn't seem to go away. It seems that one minute you hear positive news and the next you still miles away from getting a place at Grammar.

However, after speaking to Wallington Boys School on last day of term 4/4/14, my son has not moved up nor down on waiting list, he still still between 5-8 position. all relevant reply slips are back so beginning to accept our situation now that he will not get grammar school place. Have to now look forward and be positive for our son's sake. Of course after all the hard work, it is slightly disappointing but the hard work is not wasted, the maths, grammar and comprehension work studied for 11+ has supported my son currently preparing for SATS and he is now sitting all Level 6 SATS papers. So I keep reminding my son that he is doing well and will continue to do well at his local comprehensive secondary school next year.

All the best to those parents currently on waiting lists, I'm sure our children will do well with the continued support they receive from us parents.....

Best of luck to all.....
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

I don't want to give false hope but even if Wallington have had every place formally accepted, that doesn't mean nothing can change now.
Some boys who have accepted a Wallington place will possibly live in Kingston or Sutton and be hoping to get an offer at Tiffins or SGS from those waiting lists. They will relinquish their Wallington offer when or if that happens.
Some who have formally accepted Wallington may have done so just to hang onto it for a bit longer knowing they are yet to make a final decision about private school offers. When that is done, they will then feel safe enough to release their state school offer.

I don't want to give false hope. The worst thing about the waiting list process is that it is totally unpredictable and there is very little parents can do to either weigh up their likely outcomes or to speed up the process. I do think you are sensible to work towards mentally accepting the school you have been given though and to view any waiting list offer as a bonus rather than just a matter of time.
motherof2

Post by motherof2 »

Nothing ventured nothing gained. I remain hopeful but have prepared dd that should it not happen he will continue to have our love and support.
Best wishes.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now