which driving test centre? uxbridge or watford?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

apr022013

which driving test centre? uxbridge or watford?

Post by apr022013 »

Hi, a new parent at school is asking which driving test centre is better? Uxbridge or Watford?
Thanks in advance!
8)
noonynunu

Re: which driving test centre? uxbridge or watford?

Post by noonynunu »

apr022013 wrote:Hi, a new parent at school is asking which driving test centre is better? Uxbridge or Watford?
Thanks in advance!
8)
I would say it depends on which area they know best. If they know both areas well and have taken lessons on both routes then I would say which ever one they can get a booking date that fits with their availability.

Given the pressure of driving under test conditions, I wouldn't suggest that they do it on roads they are completely unfamiliar with.

If they are asking this question in relation to whether one of these options will present less of a challenge due to road layout, congestion etc. It would be hard to say as there is more than one test route that the examiner can take.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The test rate passes by centre are available. It's about 49-52% everywhere from what I remember, so little difference. I would say go with what the learner is familiar with - Uxbridge & Watford aren't very close so someone us unlikely to be that familiar with both - you certainly wouldn't go to Uxbridge from Watford for a lesson, for example, it would take too long. Presumably you live between the two? Back in the dark ages there was a test centre in Ruislip - don't know if there still is?
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

scary mum wrote:The test rate passes by centre are available. It's about 49-52% everywhere from what I remember, so little difference.
Not quite. In Kyle of Lochalsh it is 72%. :wink:

There are quite a few remote areas where the pass rate is significantly higher than in the Home Counties. As long as you can spot a sheep at 30 paces, there's not much else that can go wrong during a test in those places!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Sally-Anne wrote:
scary mum wrote:The test rate passes by centre are available. It's about 49-52% everywhere from what I remember, so little difference.
Not quite. In Kyle of Lochalsh it is 72%. :wink:

There are quite a few remote areas where the pass rate is significantly higher than in the Home Counties. As long as you can spot a sheep at 30 paces, there's not much else that can go wrong during a test in those places!
It's a bit far to go to Kyle of Lochalsh - although maybe it would be worth it for DD...<runs off to see how long it would take to drive there>
scary mum
apr022013

Post by apr022013 »

I was told Kyle would be a :lol: little too far. the mum is in Pinner. I think it's better taking lessons closer to a test centre. Is that reasonable?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Ah, yes, bang in the middle. Go with whatever the instructor is more comfortable with, then.
scary mum
apr022013

Post by apr022013 »

OK. better use a coin :lol:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I just did a search out of curiosity to see if there was still a Ruislip test centre and there appears to be one in Pinner. Surely that would be best for your friend?
scary mum
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

I took my driving test in Wimbledon during the tennis (can't remember the exact test centre) - consequently I was assessed on my ability to sit in traffic, which at the risk of sounding immodest I was jolly good at! Saved me a trip to Kyle of Lochalsh anyway!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now