Wallington girls grammer school waiting list movement

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

manoj527

Wallington girls grammer school waiting list movement

Post by manoj527 »

Hi
I am new to this forum . my daughter is on cut off score for Wallington highschool for girls on 6.5 km catchment , but she has not been offered a place on 3 rd march
School has said there is no movement on waiting list so far as of yesterday
I want to know if any one can give me insight on last years waiting list movement s or is there any chance of getting an offer on cutoff score 352
Any information will help
J50

Re: Wallington girls grammer school waiting list movement

Post by J50 »

Resist please. No, no, no, no, no... ok. :roll:
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

J50 wrote:Resist please. No, no, no, no, no... ok. :roll:
:?:
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

J50 go and sit on the naughty step... :|
ahap

Post by ahap »

manoj527 wrote:Hi
I am new to this forum . my daughter is on cut off score for Wallington highschool for girls on 6.5 km catchment , but she has not been offered a place on 3 rd march
School has said there is no movement on waiting list so far as of yesterday
I want to know if any one can give me insight on last years waiting list movement s or is there any chance of getting an offer on cutoff score 352
Any information will help
Hi manoj527,

Welcome,
Try calling your local education authority to find out about waiting list movement or any questions you may have they might be able to help.
I am sure someone will come along to answer your questions here as well if they know.
All the best.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

@manoj
Have you asked school about how many girls are at 352 on wait list or have they given you the wait list position? That will give you an idea about the possibility of getting place. But I would think that your DD would soon get the place soon as many people holding indy's offers have to firm up. It is not unknown for some to hold both state school and indy's offer for quite some time, even up to the start of the academic year. Hope you will have good news soon.
manoj527

Post by manoj527 »

Thanks for your response
I called school they say there were some movements last Friday and our position has moved up
2 -3 places Then say they can't tell when will be next movements
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

The school won't be able to anticipate movement because it depends entirely on parents contacting them to say they have decided not to accept the offer they have been made.

These might be people who were offered Wallington in March or it might be people offered a place from the waiting list who eventually decide to decline it and stick with their original allocation or any private school offer they may have instead.

There is no way for the school to know when people might make such decisions but those with a private school offer become liable for a terms' fees unless they decline it very soon so this may force them to act before Easter. Good luck and I hope you don't have to wait too long.
manoj527

Post by manoj527 »

Thanks for providing some hope :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now