Second round of offers.....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bluesapphire

Second round of offers.....

Post by bluesapphire »

Hi, Can someone pls shed some light when do the second and third round of offers happen? Is it the school that contacts you directly or is it the council that emails you like the first time they did on 3rd March? Is there a particular date or period that you need to lookout for? Or do you need to call up the school? Thanks a ton in advance for all your support.
bluesapphire

Re: Second round of offers.....

Post by bluesapphire »

Has anybody at all recieved a letter from either the council or a school for the second round of offers, if yes or no pls share, this is for a friend, who is waiting to change her job depending on the situation, Thanks
TigerMum

Post by TigerMum »

Which school is your friend waiting to hear from? Reading, Kendrick or one of the Slough schools? From some of the other threads I've read, there has been very little movement on the waiting lists (for Reading and Kendrick) and I presume those schools _and_ Reading LA would contact families if they had reached the top of the list. Other people have been making weekly calls to Reading council and the schools to check the waiting list. I know Kendrick has at least once updated their website with waiting list info.

I don't know about the Slough schools, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along...

Waiting lists for Reading and Kendrick stay open until the end of December, so the possibility remains until the end of the year. And I know of one boy last year who received his offer of a place in June. Hth.
chad

Post by chad »

For the Slough schools, ring up admissions and ask if there have been further offers, if so they may tell you what score they have offered down to.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now