Elevenplusexams Mocks 2014

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sonasona

Elevenplusexams Mocks 2014

Post by sonasona »

Did anybody do the CEM style mocks in 2013 and find them useful?
parent2013

Re: Elevenplusexams Mocks 2014

Post by parent2013 »

Note: We did not book "Elevenplusexams" mocks, but we did book another CEM mock

To our surprise the format was not that of CEM type (although it said on the cover). You will have to ask them before hand if it is CEM type. Just by mixing 3 sections into one test is not CEM. There are finer variations that I understood as a parent but for some reason, the test creator didn't. So, be careful and ask all the questions before spending £50 or £70 whatever.... Also ask if you will get the question paper (by email or paper version) and not just the summary results.
Last edited by parent2013 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

Hi parent2013

Could you clarify what you mean by finer variations please

Thanks
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Ok, thanks for that p2013.

walsallmum, I've been reading your recent posts with some interest (if you like pm me and I might be able to give you some pointers, I've also knocked up some of my own Cloze which I'm happy to send over :) ). Was it the Harrow mocks your dd did by any chance? They were quite tough I thought and the overall results of the cohort were not that good!

Have you booked the Sutton mocks as they are supposed to be quite good although they are also not CEM?

I've not found anywhere which provides good CEM Mocks yet so if anyone knows of any please let us know :?

There was one place I found but they were doing online tests so I lost interest very quickly :(
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

Thanks sonasona

ive pmed you x
Hanaa

Post by Hanaa »

Reading your post and wondering if I booked the right test for my daughter as I'm interested in ( newstedwood school and walling ton only)
I booked moch test in Orpington in crafton hall for all english math and verbal and NVR .. Is that the right one ? And what is is your exam appriviation mean??? And what is the difference between them???Sorry for my bad knowledge and thanks
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

The one in Crofton hall is just ok and it is not CEM pattern. They do charge additional ££ for feedback and return question papers.

There's another one in Croydon ( I think DIY), which is horribly tough.

My ds fared ok in both the above mocks which did put us in unnecessary stress & ruined our weekends. However, he cleared all real exams in the end which made me realised the inferior quality of these mocks & how discouraging it could be for the young ones. You may go there just for experience but don't expect much from set up and don't get hung up on the exam scores.

I actually liked the Kent mock (free) for OOC. That was far better for experience perspective and very well organised.
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

ds2 just did the elevenplusexam mock today at Harrow, it was sold out!
Anyone else do that exam today and how did your dc find it?
ds2 said the timings were tight and he didnt understand some of the questions....
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Interesting........timings are going to be vital for the real thing!
arcana

Post by arcana »

MamaBear wrote:ds2 just did the elevenplusexam mock today at Harrow, it was sold out!
Anyone else do that exam today and how did your dc find it?
ds2 said the timings were tight and he didnt understand some of the questions....
DD did the one on 25th May and hasn't scored that good. From her report, I could see, she left more than 10 questions in Total from 2 Papers.
DD said she did not even get the time to guess and mark.That clearly shows the timings were really tight.

Has anyone else done the Set C paper and found easy?