Olave's Key date for 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
parent2013

Olave's Key date for 2014

Post by parent2013 »

The forum in Bromley has been quiet for a while so I thought to stir up the things.

KEY DATES FOR YEAR 7 ENTRY IN SEPTEMBER 2014:
New Year 7 Induction Evening:

Wednesday 25th June 2014

Above note is just to grab your attention :) .

I am actually planning to compile some stats from existing parents (whose children made it into top 120 or are in the waiting). This could be useful to the new parents who are sometimes not sure on what's required in terms of prep. All data required is quite generic i.e. no personal info used.

1. Likely / Possibly
2. Birth Month: Sep-Dec / Jan-Mar born / Apr-Aug [gauge if only older children are the majority]
3. Private tutored / DIY tutored / Both [you may also give tutor recommendations so that the new parents know where to go]
4. State school / Private school / Home tutored [to get an idea on feeder schools]
5. Approx preparation months <12m / 12-18 months / >24 months
6. Study Material used - Bond, GL, Others (please specify)
7. Kent / Bromley / Bexley / Other

Feel free to suggest any new pointers but I don't want to make it too cumbersome. May I request all the proud parents of future Olavians to please pm me with data on the above pointers? It will take 2 minute but I'm sure would be useful when you see the bell curve. Kindly support.
vinitasurya

Re: Olave's Key date for 2014

Post by vinitasurya »

Hi

Thanks for this. This information will be really useful for parents like me. My DS will be writing the test in 2015
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

Thanks to all the parents for sending their info. I plan to refine the stats as I continue receiving the info.

Indicative admission stats
Birth Month: Sep-Dec (75%) / Jan-Mar born (0%) / Apr-Aug (25%)
Private tutored (100%) / DIY tutored / Both
State school (100%) / Private school (0%) / Home tutored (0%)
Approx preparation months <12m (25%) / 12-18 months (50%) / >24 months (25%)
Study Material used -
Bond (100%) GL (100%) FPP (50%) CGP (25%) Letts (0%) Athey (50%) Private Papers (75%)
Kent (0%) / Bromley (100%) / Bexley (0%) / Other (0%)

(Note that the stats may appear skewed due to incomplete data)

May I request all the proud parents of future Olavians to please pm me with data on the above pointers. Your help is essential to refine the stats. You may use acronyms to save time:

S-D/PT/SS/12-18/B,GL,CGP/Bx

I can decode it to mean Sep-Dec born, Private tutored, state school, 12-18 months prep, Bond GL CGP material and from Bexley.
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

parent2013 wrote:The forum in Bromley has been quiet for a while so I thought to stir up the things.

KEY DATES FOR YEAR 7 ENTRY IN SEPTEMBER 2014:
New Year 7 Induction Evening:

Wednesday 25th June 2014

Above note is just to grab your attention :) .

I am actually planning to compile some stats from existing parents (whose children made it into top 120 or are in the waiting). This could be useful to the new parents who are sometimes not sure on what's required in terms of prep. All data required is quite generic i.e. no personal info used.

Note to busy parents - Please use codes in blue to send responses For example
L/S-D/PT/SS/12-18/B,GL,CGP/BX would do for me.

1. Likely (L) / Possibly (P)
2. Birth Month: Sep-Dec / Jan-Mar born / Apr-Aug [gauge if only older children are the majority]
3. Private tutored (PT) / DIY tutored (DIY) / Both (B) [you may also give tutor recommendations so that the new parents know where to go]
4. State school (SS) / Private school (PS) / Home tutored (HT) [to get an idea on feeder schools]
5. Approx preparation months <12m (12) / 12-18 months (12-18) / >18 months (>18)
6. Study Material used - Bond (BD), GL , FPP, CGP, Athey(AT), Letts (LT), Private papers (PP), Others (please specify)
7. Kent (K) / Bromley (BR) / Bexley (BX) / Other

Feel free to suggest any new pointers but I don't want to make it too cumbersome. May I request all the proud parents of future Olavians to please pm me with data on the above pointers? It will take 2 minute but I'm sure would be useful when you see the bell curve. Kindly support.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now