What do they wear?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
VH73

What do they wear?

Post by VH73 »

Some of you probably got more experience, what do they need to wear on the exam? I know there's plenty of time, I'd just like to know. Thanks.
Tinkers

Re: What do they wear?

Post by Tinkers »

My dd wore her pe kit as that was what she needed to be wearing when she got back to school. Was a mix of school uniform and normal clothes, but it was a school day.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think it is a mixture - both DCs wore normal clothes (as the exam was not at their school) but generally there was a mix of uniform and civvies.
fiate2000

Post by fiate2000 »

DS wore uniform as he needed to go to school afterwards.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Here the main date for the grammar school test and the test date for a neighbouring partially-selective are on a Saturday. The GS instructions say it is not necessary to wear uniform, the partially-selective school asks you to send your DC in uniform as they group by primary school and it makes things easier for them. In the absence of specific instructions from the test centre, I would suggest uniform if a weekday and your DC has to be at school before and / or afterwards, casual clothes if the exam is at the weekend.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

DC went in school uniform when the tests were on School days, otherwise in casual, comfortable wear. As far as I remember, none of the school had prescribed any particular dress format.
VH73

Post by VH73 »

Thank you very much. I was thinking about school uniform too, that's OK then.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now