Spanish Speaking Exam

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
honscupboard

Spanish Speaking Exam

Post by honscupboard »

Hi
DD spanish speaking exam is tomorrow, she is soooooo nervous I am worried it will ruin her chances!
Any top tips for keeping those last minute nerves at bay???
She has done plenty of work for it......................... :|
KB

Re: Spanish Speaking Exam

Post by KB »

Have a run through then leave it.Nice calm evening and bath, hot milk and something cuddled up to relax.
Good breakfast!
Is it someone they know or external?
If latter and they are scary remember they are human and have to do all the things every other human does!
Whoever it is will be on their side.
If its being recorded try not to be scared and mumble.
Look forward to a treat in the evening
And remember its not that important: unless its absolutely totally disastrous, and it won't be! it can be salvaged by other papers and even if it is a total wash out it is only an exam, life will carry on and they will be loved just as much.

Really feel you both.
This time tomorrow it will be over!
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Is that a controlled assessment? Her first one, or has she done others?

Hope it goes well - if she knows her stuff, then even if she feels blank at first it will come back to her :-)
copella

Post by copella »

My DS who is extremely anxious, spent the day before going over his answers, then spent the morning with the class LSA. He was so nervous he was the last to take the test so that they could help him to realise he did know his stuff. It seemed to work and he has his last one this week. If it is her first one, perhaps get her to talk with a recorder on as this was the thing which wobbled my DS. Get her to remember any key phrases and go over things tonight do that she is confident about tomorrow. If it us her teacher they will be willing her on silently. Best of luck.
honscupboard

Post by honscupboard »

Many thanks everyone!
She spent the afternoon chatting in spanish with a friend who is also being examined in the morning which seemed to help. She has now finished for the day and is heading for that bubbly bath as we speak! Then I think some Sunday night TV before bed. It is her own teacher examining them, so hopefully that may calm her nerves.
I will pass on all your words of wisdom :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now