Dubai - has anyone been with children?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PROBSNAIVE

Dubai - has anyone been with children?

Post by PROBSNAIVE »

Hello all
I am planning a stopover in Dubai over the summer. It's for 3 nights and I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a reasonably priced family (2 adults 4 children)hotel? Looking at the comparison sites it's difficult to know what to choose. Also could anyone suggest any child friendly activities.
Thanks in advance!
DC17C

Re: Dubai - has anyone been with children?

Post by DC17C »

My 2 DC go 2-3 times a year as their dad lives there. They have been to things like Fly Dubai ( indoor skydiving simulator) Ski Dubai ( indoor ski slope), Wild wadi Water park, Sega Republic ( indoor theme park), Desert safari - trip in a 4wd through the sand dunes and meal in a bedouin tent
DD who is now 13 likes looking at the shops now so is quite happy mooching in the malls - DS (11) less so -he would rather be driven around spotting very expensive supercars as far as I can tell!!So I guess it depends on age of children and budget as I am sure doing all of the above in 1 vist will be very expensive. Cannot recommend hotels as I have not been.
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

Hi have been with kids a few times..with regard to hotels it really depends on your budget. Although I should add that there are so many hotels springing up that even the 4* hotels are relatively cheap compared to other countries. My kids love wild Wadi which is a water park and also the Atlantis which is also a water park... Restaurants are child friendly.
Hope this helps
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

We went a few years ago with our 3 DCs aged 9, 7 and 2 at the time. We went to the huge mall with the aquarium, Ski Dubai, Wild Wadi, souk - all worth a visit. The Burj (tallest building in the world) is now open if you have a head for heights! One word of wording, the heat will be stifling (think 50 degrees plus in the summer :shock: ) We were living in Qatar at the time so were acclimatised to it but it may be a shock if you're coming from a good old British summer.
PROBSNAIVE

Post by PROBSNAIVE »

Thank you all for your replies. We will have been staying in Bangladesh for 3 weeks before so hopefully will have adjusted to the heat a little. It's not really the best time of year to go there either but the 6 week summer holiday is unfortunately the only option. My budget for the hotel is about £120-150 max per night. There are plenty of 2 bed apartments that come up but the reviews are often mixed. Would prefer to be nearer to the airport.
The activities sound great, have had a look at some mentioned here. So I think our three days will fly by.
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

Stay at the movenpick; can't go wrong. It's also 45C+ at that time of year. Stay near shopping malls.
PROBSNAIVE

Post by PROBSNAIVE »

Thanks Sbarnes. Interestingly I was just looking at that hotel. Do you book direct or through a 3rd party website?
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

I always book direct; we have stayed with that chain all over the world. Swiss chain. And they have the best ice cream in the world, perfect for 45C+...
PROBSNAIVE

Post by PROBSNAIVE »

PROBSNAIVE

Post by PROBSNAIVE »

Has anyone tried the tour buses in Dubai?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now