News from AGSB*********

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Oshosh

News from AGSB*********

Post by Oshosh »

Hello everyone,

There is some information on the school website regarding entrance exam. I don't know how to post the links. The gist of it....

The changes to the entrance exam of introducing english paper, may not go ahead :roll: ..or may go ahead. Will be confirmed by 16 th june. Parents information evening is going to be held on the 7/8 th of may.

Hope this helps.
NS1

Re: News from AGSB*********

Post by NS1 »

It's a difficult situation to be in, but I think it is totally unfair on the children. This uncertainty is something that we could all do without!
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

Its coming to something when a school cannot act in its best interests! i personally think it was a good idea to introduce an English paper, we haven't covered any NVR since it was announced, i bet the person/persons who have complained have been! so who is at a disadvantage now?
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Will it be the same for the girls school as haven't they made the same change? And if its to do with giving notice of changes to exams ( which I suspect it is)- how does that sit with the Sale change to CEM?
onthebrink

Post by onthebrink »

Blimey!!! AGGS website says that they have followed the correct protocol in terms of changing the exams...ie started the consultation process in September 2013 - 2 years prior to the intended change.
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

I genuinely believe that replacing the NVR for English is in the best interests of the children- we have to use English everyday for goodness sake! These poor kids!
It is unbelievable that the school can not change its own entrance exam! It makes you wonder if the person/ people who are taking action have ulterior motives?
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

wilmslowmum wrote:Its coming to something when a school cannot act in its best interests! i personally think it was a good idea to introduce an English paper, we haven't covered any NVR since it was announced, i bet the person/persons who have complained have been! so who is at a disadvantage now?
Yes, I wonder if the complainant/ complainants have ulterior motives? I think it is disgraceful- the kids certainly aren't being put first.
onthebrink

Post by onthebrink »

I can't believe that they would have fallen down over legislative stuff, especially when the girls school seem to have successfully gone through the process? surely they communicate?
NS1

Post by NS1 »

I would have assumed that both Aggs and Agsb would have followed the same process, so it could be a case that no one objected to Aggs and that's why it hasn't been an issue for them.

So what are the thoughts.....do you think there is increased chance of the old format now? Or am I reading too much between the lines?

Personally, I liked the new proposals, but just want to know either way like most parents.
Altymumof2

Post by Altymumof2 »

I think AGSB and AGGS have always sat the same exams? I feel so sorry for the children with all this uncertainty. :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now