Kendrick Open Evening

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Booklady

Kendrick Open Evening

Post by Booklady »

Is anyone going to this open evening tomorrow? DD2 and myself thought we'd take a look as we are in the designated area - and the exam she will sit in Slough can be applied here.

What was the cutoff score for admission this year - at first and second rounds? Apoplogies if I have looked and not found!! :D
TigerMum

Re: Kendrick Open Evening

Post by TigerMum »

We went to the open evening last year and it was packed!! They had a very efficient system of pairing up parents and kids with current students to show us around, as you enter the school. Get to the HT's talk early because that too was packed and at one point they weren't letting any more people into the hall. And of course bear in mind there's no parking...

This year's cut off was around the 114 mark I've heard. And the Kendrick website currently says the waiting list has moved 2 places and that all offers have now been accepted. I think last year, the list moved by 3 places. Of course it might be all change with the new admissions criteria and CEM exam... so can't give you any insight into what next year will be like I'm afraid.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

This year was 114 and last year was 113 at the March allocation date.

This year the waiting list has moved two places so far.

Last year it moved by one by summer and another 3 by Christmas (not sure but think there were girls who didn't start in September)

Cut off will depend on how many take the exam and then how many then apply. With changes to catchment criteria this year, I'm expecting less to apply to take the test, but more of those taking the test actually applying, if that makes sense.

My DD will be there showing people around. By warned it will probably be a bit of a scrum.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Thanks both - info appreciated. Where would you recommend parking? Inside info welcomed!! :D
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Queens Rd or Oracle Riverside car parks are only a few minutes walk away. There will be no on street (free) parking anywhere near.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

We always use queens road car park or the bus. Don't even be tempted to park on the local roads. RBC knows when school events are on and the traffic wardens will be out in force. I saw them a couple of years ago when coming out of the open evening at 8:30pm, still out and handing out tickets.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Thanks - will use the car park!! :D
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Do warn your daughter that it will be rammed; it can be quite overwhelming.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

aliportico wrote:Do warn your daughter that it will be rammed; it can be quite overwhelming.
Will do that too! Thanks for the tip! :)
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

I need to be somewhere else tomorrow evening but DW will be attending with Dd. It will be interesting to hear what the school have to say about the change in tests this year.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now