Tiffin Boys and Wilson's test dates 2014...to sit or not to

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MSC

Tiffin Boys and Wilson's test dates 2014...to sit or not to

Post by MSC »

So Wilson's is on 6 October 2014 and Tiffin Boys will be on 7 October 2014 ...

Uhh... I wish they are not that close; is there any point trying to appeal to either of them to change date you think? It's not really good for the children is it. I will likely give Wilson a miss if the dates remains, anyone else in the same shoes? What do you think?
Last edited by MSC on Tue May 20, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The only one rehab centre that I long to be in, is the 11+ Rehab Centre" a quote by MSC :-)
agathachristie

Re: Tiffin Boys and Wilson' test dates 2014...to sit or not

Post by agathachristie »

hi MSC I don't think they will rethink as it was the same last year (2013) Perhaps they are forcing you to chose between the two schools??
MSC

Re: Tiffin Boys and Wilson's test dates 2014...to sit or not

Post by MSC »

Perhaps they are! I think my child will be far too tired if he did both, so definitely skipping Wilsons. Are you in the same predicament?
Last edited by MSC on Sat May 03, 2014 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only one rehab centre that I long to be in, is the 11+ Rehab Centre" a quote by MSC :-)
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

No not in the same predicament.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

MSC, which school you are mainly aiming for? The test for Tiffin boys and Sutton Grammar are very different.

If we were in this situation, we would have concentrated on Tiffin test, but have sat for Wilson's as well, having DC rested after Tiffin test; one can't prepare for Maths and writing test in one afternoon any way. Taking the Wilson test would give DC a good mock for WCGS and SGS.
MSC

Post by MSC »

TB,

Aiming for Tiffin Boys, then SG, then Wilsons, and finally Walli.. but the reality is that Tiffin Boys and SG are the viable ones, travel wise. So you are saying just give Wilsons a miss?
Last edited by MSC on Tue May 20, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Sorry MSC, mixed up with the dates.

Depends how confident your DC is with the Tiffin preparation. We would take Wilson, but in the run up, we would concentrate on Tiffin being the main choice.

Wilson test would provide good experience for Wallie boys and SGS, I think.
MSC

Post by MSC »

I have no problem with my DS taking both exams TB. So far he seems to show good level of progress. My issue is the timing, Wilsons test will be the day before Tiffin's. I don't really want him to be tired for the more important (to us) Tiffin's test.
Last edited by MSC on Tue May 20, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MSC

Post by MSC »

Ladymuck wrote:
The Wilsons and Tiffin exams are testing very different areas. You are really looking for your child to be covering absolutely everything - VR/NVR multiple choice, English and Maths mc and written papers. The fact that the exams are on consecutive days is a fairly small blip in the overall scheme of things.
Thanks Ladymuck. Yes indeed. My DS will be going for Sutton G and Walli and was considering Wilson's as well, hence preparing for both Tiffin and Suttons type of tests.

Besides the Nfer mock tests promoted here , anyone knows any other Tiffin focused mocks coming up? You may have to PM me though, I don't think moderator allow post for other providers. Thanks.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now