Deadlines for accepting offers

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
herewegoagain

Deadlines for accepting offers

Post by herewegoagain »

The North London Girls Consortium is setting noon on Monday 3rd March as the deadline for accepting offers. Yet the state school offers (which includes Latymer and Henrietta Barnett) won't be available online until Tuesday 4th March at the earliest. I pointed this out today to one of the schools in the consortium and they were surprised and unaware of the Local Authority deadline. I think they had assumed that since 1st March was offer day in previous years it would apply again - but 1st March this year is a Saturday! I wondered if anyone else had discussed this with consortium schools? It seems bizarre for them to wait for acceptances until 3rd March unless they want to give people a chance to see what their LA offer is, but this isn't going to be the case. It might be worth all those involved ringing the consortium schools to see if they will move the date by 24 hours.
grr

Post by grr »

It is the same with bursary place for Blackheath High School. The deadline for accepting the offer is 3rd March 2008. Are you sure it is not done intentionally? This was one of the reasons to put me off that school. If I accept the place on 3rd March, and my child gets into grammar, I will be money penalised to withraw from independent school. When you speak to staff from independent schools, they are just being nice to you as they want your money like wolves.

Post by Guest »

grr wrote:It is the same with bursary place for Blackheath High School. The deadline for accepting the offer is 3rd March 2008. Are you sure it is not done intentionally? This was one of the reasons to put me off that school. If I accept the place on 3rd March, and my child gets into grammar, I will be money penalised to withraw from independent school. When you speak to staff from independent schools, they are just being nice to you as they want your money like wolves.
It is not done deliberately. They are actually trying to be helpful, but have not realised that LAs of course could not possibly post out the results on 29th March, even though in 3 out of 4 years that day would actually be 1st March. I guarantee that when it is pointed out to them they will set the acceptance date at 4th March at the earliest.

Post by Guest »

My childs school an independent school held my daughters place untill we had heard form the LEA even though they were oversubscibed. We found the school very helpful, they went out of their way to help.

She scored very highly in 11plus but chose the non selective Independent over the Grammar.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:
grr wrote:It is the same with bursary place for Blackheath High School. The deadline for accepting the offer is 3rd March 2008. Are you sure it is not done intentionally? This was one of the reasons to put me off that school. If I accept the place on 3rd March, and my child gets into grammar, I will be money penalised to withraw from independent school. When you speak to staff from independent schools, they are just being nice to you as they want your money like wolves.
It is not done deliberately. They are actually trying to be helpful, but have not realised that LAs of course could not possibly post out the results on 29th March, even though in 3 out of 4 years that day would actually be 1st March. I guarantee that when it is pointed out to them they will set the acceptance date at 4th March at the earliest.
Sorry, meant 29th Feb, not March!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now