Exam rules

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
WatfordParent

Exam rules

Post by WatfordParent »

Hi,

Not even 2 weeks now for the tests of Herts consortium. So, I want to give final touches to our preparation.

Does anyone know if the children are allowed to do their calculations etc on the question paper? Or, would they provide any extra sheet of paper for the calculations? Should they use a pen or pencil for writing the answers?

And, are there any other rules to be followed?
WP

Re: Exam rules

Post by WP »

WatfordParent wrote:Does anyone know if the children are allowed to do their calculations etc on the question paper? Or, would they provide any extra sheet of paper for the calculations? Should they use a pen or pencil for writing the answers?

And, are there any other rules to be followed?
My son did the test last year. The question papers had a box on the paper for each question, in which they were to write the answer. They were told they could do their working elsewhere on the paper, and that anything outside the box would be ignored. He used disposable mechanical pencils: easy to get a clear line, no worries if the lead breaks, and they have an eraser on top. I don't know whether pens were also allowed. If you do use a pencil and eraser, be very sure to completely erase any wrong answer. The markers are likely to mark anything that looks like two answers as wrong.

A transparent pencil case (or even a sandwich bag) is probably a good idea, to save being checked. They could also take a piece of fruit for a snack between the tests: they left coats and bags in the waiting room, and returned to them between tests.
WatfordParent

Post by WatfordParent »

Thank you very much. Sandwich bag idea is great.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now