Skinners starters September 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bettyboo

Skinners starters September 2014

Post by Bettyboo »

My son is starting skinners this year and
is going on his own I would be interested to know how other sole starters have got on in the past
doodles

Re: Skinners starters September 2014

Post by doodles »

My DS, now year 10, was the only one from his school and was fine. The school are excellent at settling them in, please don't worry. My second DS, year 7, was one of several from his school and he too has settled very well.

Congratulations to your DS and welcome to a wonderful school.
2d12go

Post by 2d12go »

Couldn't agree more my Son is in Year 8 at Skinners, he came from a very small village primary school, and went on his own. The staff are really good at settling the boys in, extremely caring and really look after them. I am sure he will love it.
Bettyboo

Post by Bettyboo »

Thank you so much for your reassuring responses
Sussexmum

Post by Sussexmum »

My ds is starting at Skinners in Sept too. He is also the only child from his small village primary school. It is reassuring to read the previous posts. It is what attracted me to Skinners. I have never heard of anyone there who is unhappy with the school.
Sussexmum

Post by Sussexmum »

Hi, does anyone know when the induction day is for y7s? I understand that it sometime in early july?? What do they do there ?
Can't wait to get started!!!
Bettyboo

Post by Bettyboo »

Hi, I asked the school and was told taster day was Tuesday 8 July from 11.45.
Don't know what they do ??
Sussexmum

Post by Sussexmum »

Thanks Bettyboo. 11.45: that's quite late. Nice to avoid the rush hour for our first train experience!
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

I understand that there are about 75 primary school feeds this year and I expect there will be quite a few children that will not know anyone. The school are absolutely fantastic and they will make sure every boy feels settled. They will have an induction afternoon, and they also have an online social networking site for the year 7's to encourage boys to connect. Parents also meet for an induction evening in July and will have the opportunity to chat with other parents from the same form, so some social events in the summer could be arranged. My eldest has been very happy at Skinners, describing the teaching as inspirational. It is an outstanding school with exceptional pastural care and I sure that your son will be very happy there.
Sussexmum

Post by Sussexmum »

Thank you Darcy. This is really reassuring. It is amazing that i have never heard anyone say anything at all negative about this school. We can't wait to get started!