Sutton mock 15 June 14.00pm - anybody wants to buy?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mum

Sutton mock 15 June 14.00pm - anybody wants to buy?

Post by mum »

Hi,
I've got a sutton mock exam booked : SGSPTA MOCK TESTS 2014 - Sunday 15 June at 14.00pm
I'm no longer interested in this. If anybody interested to buy it please pm me.
Thanks,
mum
mum
surreymummy1

Re: Sutton mock 15 June 14.00pm - anybody wants to buy?

Post by surreymummy1 »

Hi mum

I have pm'd you.
Flustered

Post by Flustered »

Don't you think you should contact Sutton Grammar PTA directly before doing this because it clearly says dates cannot be changed. The whole process was very well organised last year and us parents playing with their system could cause problems. I know that last year they checked children's details including medical issues and parent's contact emergency details on the door. It would be an awful experience for your child if they were turned away.
mum

Post by mum »

Flustered wrote:Don't you think you should contact Sutton Grammar PTA directly before doing this because it clearly says dates cannot be changed. The whole process was very well organised last year and us parents playing with their system could cause problems. I know that last year they checked children's details including medical issues and parent's contact emergency details on the door. It would be an awful experience for your child if they were turned away.
I don’t think we parents are playing here.... If my DD cant attend it, the place will go waste, instead some other eager child/parent could be benefited.... its not a expensive mock exam, so loosing £25 is not a big issue.......also they check the candidate number and the contact number and reconfirm at gate if we want any other contact number instead, they don’t go by any individual names or details.....they publish result on their website based on candidate numbers , and not email personally to parents.......they dont care if my DD or somebody else sitting for the exam, so long there is only one candidate against one candidate number.....for sure I’m not playing with their system. Thanks.
mum
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I would imagine that they have a waiting list of people who applied for a place in the mocks but did not get a place - I am with Flustered - you should contact Sutton PTA in the first instance and ask them what procedures they have to pass a place on - after all, if anything does go wrong on the day, it is not your child and you who will be inconvenienced or embarrassed!!
mum

Post by mum »

Thanks.
Will enquire and confirm with Sutton PTA.
mum
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

We have of course contacted the Sutton Mocks organisers as a first step but as they don't get any revenue out of swops they are not prepared to organise them. However if you go to them with a ready made swap all they need to do is change the contact number as everything is done on the unique student number.

Of course had they been prepared to put procedures into place to pass places on we would have used them but as there are none we are forced to do it ourselves and then present them with the results so no work for them and still lots of bums on sets for each session.

Doing this is better for everyone sitting the mocks as there are more cohort members to compare with.

DG
Hera

Post by Hera »

Out on interest I just had a look at my online booking and it looks as if you can edit the child and the contact numbers there too. I feel a little bit uncomfortable about the whole swapping and selling but less so if the details can be changed in advance and it can be done properly with no additional work for the PTA.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

It has been designed that way That is why they are using the candidate number and not the candidate name. They get no money from swops so they have made it easy for people to organise themselves and still keep the cohort as large as possible which is where part of the value lies. Also no addresses have been asked for and no information is sent out after the exam. So the original owner does not get the information sent to them. You have to go and look at your candidate number results on the spreadsheet on the website. If people feel uncomfortable about it they should not do it but it is a waste of £25 and a seat in a mock that other students can get great value from. DG
Hera

Post by Hera »

According to my DD who did a session A mock you have to write both your name and your candidate number on the exam papers.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now