Sutton mock results are out - Session A

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sonasona

Sutton mock results are out - Session A

Post by sonasona »

http://www.suttongrammar.sutton.sch.uk/ ... ests.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the top 7%, will try and do a bit better next time 8)
fatbananas

Re: Sutton mock results are out - Session A

Post by fatbananas »

Gosh, they're interesting results. I started to skim towards the end but I only saw 1 English score larger than the maths score.

I though they also tested VR and NVR? But could see no results for those? Did I misremember again? :roll:
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Thank you for posting this sonasona. It seems DD has just made it into the selective band. We have a lot to work yet.
I haven't downloaded the spreadsheet yet. Do you know what the the highest English/Maths raw scores ?
copella

Post by copella »

For those whose DC did not make it into the 'selective' band don't worry. My DS didn't and he got into Latymer a highly selective north London grammar. What it did was tell us where we needed to concentrate our efforts and helped him have a sense of the numbers.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Do you get some kind of individual feedback so you can assess particular weaknesses?
Hera

Post by Hera »

Thanks for letting us know that the results were out. Just wasted the last half an hour doing some frantic analysis :D
copella

Post by copella »

No we did not get individual feedback but saw that my son's English score was not as good as we had expected, plus he had great difficulty with the multiple choice sheet and got out of order, even though we had been practicing at home. So it made us go back to basics on some areas and really focus on his timing and how to use the m-c papers.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

I see it was a very useful experience. Thanks for responding, Copella.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Thank you for sharing your experience Copella. We were surprised with DD's scores. She did much better in English( top 10 - 12%) than Maths. Which was completely opposite to what we expected. I don't know what went wrong with her Maths paper. May be, silly mistakes, ran out of stamina.
Anyway, this was the first ever exam she did and all in all it was a very good experience.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Hi all, just got back in and had another look at the Excel chart.

I've also now read the notes, would recommend reading them if you have not already. Good useful tips.
berks_mum wrote:It seems DD has just made it into the selective band. We have a lot to work yet.
I haven't downloaded the spreadsheet yet. Do you know what the highest English/Maths raw scores ?
Good stuff, she'll just do better and better from here I'm sure.....it's probably just a few silly mistakes here and there which make all the difference in the standardised scores.

Highest English score was 81% and highest Maths was 98%.

I'm really impressed with the Sutton setup and its pretty clear from the results everyone is doing really well and will no doubt give their real tests a really good shot when it does matter. Lets not get too hung up on this one day's performance as we still have a long way to go yet. Well done everybody :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now