11+ difficulty level Bucks vs Slough consortium

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
binnu1

11+ difficulty level Bucks vs Slough consortium

Post by binnu1 »

Hi All, I Have heard that Bucks Cem and slough consortium cem exam levels and content difficulty is different. few mums say that slough schools tend to have a easier paper. Please advise.
Tinkers

Re: 11+ difficulty level Bucks vs Slough consortium

Post by Tinkers »

Impossible to comment on this I'm afraid. Bucks used CEM for the first time last year. Slough will use it for the first time this year. Whether they will be of equal difficultly or not is anyone's guess. I would hazard a guess that Slough will be either be similar difficulty or slightly harder than Bucks, but that really is a guess.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

What a coincidence, I have just posted a similar post in the other thread. As Tinkers says it is a guess and I also feel berks will either be similar to bucks or slightly harder. But again it is a guess.

It may also be possible that the subject weightage and difficulty level will vary from bucks/berks.
amnash

Post by amnash »

This is very interesting post,,, I am a first timer with regards to 11+ process so can't make any judgment,,, however I was under the impression that the test for Reading schools is more tougher than Slough,,, now both Reading and Slough will be having the same test, I wonder how will it be ...
binnu1

Post by binnu1 »

amnash wrote:This is very interesting post,,, I am a first timer with regards to 11+ process so can't make any judgment,,, however I was under the impression that the test for Reading schools is more tougher than Slough,,, now both Reading and Slough will be having the same test, I wonder how will it be ...

Reading could have higher passing marks rather than 111
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Dont get too wound up by standardised scores.
There will be one test for the Reading schools and Slough schools, so you can opt to have your raw score included for standardisation for both sets. However you are being compared to different cohorts, so the same raw score will give you different standardised scores for Slough and Reading. They also have different admissions criteria, so that too will come into play.

Kendrick and Reading school will take the top scorers in catchment that apply.