Anyone doing AGSB/ Stretford & Sale?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

GailJ

Anyone doing AGSB/ Stretford & Sale?

Post by GailJ »

Am keeping my fingers crossed that AGSB sticks with the NVR so we wont have to touch on the English! I wondered for anyone else was doing the 3 above are you going down the English route or just going to wait until 16th June to find out?
rimi01

Re: Anyone doing AGSB/ Stretford & Sale?

Post by rimi01 »

We are doing English regularly and keeping in touch with NVR.

At the open envening, AGBS was selling only English/Maths/VR papers, they were not selling NVR!! It could be hint of them being very confident of winning the appeal.

Also, if you look at it logically, a school of this stature may not get it wrong legally . They must have looked at everything before announcing the change in format.
So my bet is that English format will stay.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I hope they resolve it too- but the school have definitely not consulted as the Admission Code dictates.
That is a fact.
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

rimi01 wrote:We are doing English regularly and keeping in touch with NVR.

At the open envening, AGBS was selling only English/Maths/VR papers, they were not selling NVR!! It could be hint of them being very confident of winning the appeal.

Also, if you look at it logically, a school of this stature may not get it wrong legally . They must have looked at everything before announcing the change in format.
So my bet is that English format will stay.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed too rimi01. If AGGS managed to get it passed I'm sure AGSB should be able too and despite what some people have claimed, I know they both announced it within days of each other.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

My understanding is that both announced it around the same time but AGGS consulted appropriately ( it's something like a two year lead in from consultation) but AGSB did not.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now