CGP CEM packs - have you tried?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gameon

CGP CEM packs - have you tried?

Post by gameon »

Any DS or DD have tried them yet? what do you think? I think it is difficult to finish the paper in the given time. I know CEM have crazy timing, but still think they pitched too high?
berks_mum

Re: CGP CEM packs - have you tried?

Post by berks_mum »

Even in non timed mode it is harder than some of the other publications.
This may be slightly generalised but DCs who achieved over 85% in other publications achieved around 60-75% in the CGP papers. We have done one of the CGP English papers so far and it was definitely not an easy one.
But I wouldn't worry about it. Best to ask the DCs to focus on what they know and have it completed in given time.
gameon

Post by gameon »

Thank you berks_mum. It is good to know. Yes, it is best to focus on what he needs to improve and not lose the focus.
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Phew, I opened our pack if them this morning and had a bit of a panic, they looked tricky in the given time. DS is going to try one tomorrow, not that he knows yet..
gameon

Post by gameon »

Let us how he gets on. My DS scored 67.
Poker Face

Post by Poker Face »

My DS tried the CGP CEM packs last year when they had just been published. After he sat the 11+ he said that these papers were the nearest to the real thing compared to the Bonds papers etc.. :)
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Have just dug out last year's cpg tests for son number three (what a lucky boy!) son number two got 67 and 63 per cent, he got 114 in bucks test, where 60% equated to 121 pass. :? So maybe aim for just a nudge over 70%?

Obviously only a comparison of one little boy in one area though, and I think the format of the real test was harder to negotiate than cpg too?
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Tried them today, 55% but a real difference between the two papers. Guess we know what we need to work on now!
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

I used it for ds1 and now ds2 is using them, hope he can't see where ds1 was heavy with the pencil!
I wish they made it multiple choice though.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

hope he can't see where ds1 was heavy with the pencil!
:lol: Believe me he will! I learnt that mistake with my sharp eyed boy around December with a nvr book!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now