Bond 11+ exam papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fatbananas

Bond 11+ exam papers

Post by fatbananas »

Are these worth getting for Kent? I realise the test is changing (don't I know it! :lol: ) but have people used these before for giving their DC practice for the Kent Test? I don't want to use the GL all at once, but break it up with some other test papers. Any advice would be really handy! :D
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
parent2013

Re: Bond 11+ exam papers

Post by parent2013 »

FB - I'll defo recommend blending Bond and GL (assuming you have already done CGP, Letts & Athey). Don't worry on pattern changes ......end of the day fractions will remain fraction & percentages will remain percentages :)
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

parent2013 wrote:FB - I'll defo recommend blending Bond and GL (assuming you have already done CGP, Letts & Athey). Don't worry on pattern changes ......end of the day fractions will remain fraction & percentages will remain percentages :)
Yes, you're right, fractions is fractions!

I haven't looked at Letts yet. I'd sort-of forgotten about Letts. Are they easier than Bond? Or about the same? Would you say Bond was easier than GL? Questions, questions ....
MadHatter

Post by MadHatter »

FB, I would definitely recommend mixing the Bond and other papers in. I would also not worry too much about saving the GL papers though. I think we gave our DS most of the GL papers around this time last year, moved onto others, then we hit the whole GL bunch again in the summer by which time he had no recollection of having done them before. We even gave him the GL maths papers yet again over the final couple of weeks (best piece of advice an 11 plus old hander gave us) and he still took a while to realise. It did the trick though.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Thanks Madhatter. That's really helpful! :D
gameon

Post by gameon »

My DS finding Athey papers easier (over 95 for two papers so far). Is it worth carrying on with Athey?
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

Athey are quite easy. I'll suggest you stick to GL.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

How much time are you giving your dc for the Athey papers? Try doing them in 45 minutes or 40 and see how they do. DG
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

45 mins for 100Q is quite ok for target 90-100% in Athey.

You may also try to reduce it to 35 mins (to match it with crazy timings of CEM).
SleepyHead

Post by SleepyHead »

sorry for gatecrashing - we are not in Kent, but wondering what sort of percentages DD should be aiming for with these 11+ papers, doing these and GL. Not thought of doing Letts as they seem a bit easier.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now