11 plus SW Herts

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ppl3kumar

11 plus SW Herts

Post by ppl3kumar »

My daughter in year 4 she is really doing well in her studies,we would like her to get in to WGG,PARMITTERS or HB, and she is doing violin lessons she is going to take grade one this summer.can anyone recommend me what material to start with and any good tutors in sw herts for her morayhouse VR and NFER math.
and also what chances as she got to get into the school on musical test.
Daogroupie

Re: 11 PLUS SW HERTS

Post by Daogroupie »

If you are going to apply to Parmiters, Watford girls and HBS then you will need to cover Maths and VR for the first two and add English Comprehension , Creative Writing and CEM for HBS. I recomend you start wtih IPS ten min VR and Maths tests. Which school would be your first choice. DG
IHOP

Re: 11 plus SW Herts

Post by IHOP »

Good luck with your preparation.

The musical test is in two parts. Should your DD get through to the second round, she will be invited to perform a short piece in front of a couple of music teachers from the SW consortium. No specific grade is required; the interviewers look for musicality and accuracy within the chosen piece.

I ran through some 2,3 and 4 part chords with my DD as these haven't featured in her musicianship classes yet. Other than that, the first test is very straight forward but quite fast, I gather.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I would not call the listening test straightforward. Lots of students including those with music teachers as parents do not get through. I would suggest you do some prep with her music teacher. DG
ppl3kumar

Post by ppl3kumar »

Thank for your advice our first choice is WGG and Parmiters,can anyone advice me how to prepare my daughter on part one musical aptitude test for both schools
ppl3kumar

Post by ppl3kumar »

Anyone got moray house verbal reasoning test papers, i don't mind how expensive it is
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

You can' t buy Moray House Verbal Reasoning papers because they are the ones used by the Watford Consortium and DAO so they cannot be bought. Athey are the ones to use to prepare. I know lots of students who managed to get 100% by preparing with Athey, Walsh and Bright Sparks. DG
Cutting42

Post by Cutting42 »

ppl3kumar wrote:Thank for your advice our first choice is WGG and Parmiters,can anyone advice me how to prepare my daughter on part one musical aptitude test for both schools

Hi

There was a great thread on this a while back which you should find useful.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 18&t=25621" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ppl3kumar

Post by ppl3kumar »

THANK YOU CUTING 42
Cutting42 wrote:
ppl3kumar wrote:Thank for your advice our first choice is WGG and Parmiters,can anyone advice me how to prepare my daughter on part one musical aptitude test for both schools

Hi

There was a great thread on this a while back which you should find useful.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 18&t=25621" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IHOP

Post by IHOP »

Just to clarify, I meant "straightforward" in the sense of knowing what to do in the tests (i.e. pitch recognition and how many notes per chord etc.). As with anything in life, practice makes perfect but with a solid musical background and ability to focus, candidates have a strong chance of getting enough marks to get through to round two.

The linked thread is a feast of information, isn't it? Should be helpful.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now