KES New parents evening

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Yamin151

KES New parents evening

Post by Yamin151 »

Anyone else coming along on weds? Should we all wears pink carnation and carry a copy of the times? Or should we simply have a funny handshake?
purplelilacs

Re: KES New parents evening

Post by purplelilacs »

Hi

I've not posted before but we'll be there on Wednesday as my son is starting in Sept too.

Thought it might be helpful to say I've just checked with the school and the boys can come along too.

Might have just been my reading of the letter but I had thought it was just for parents, but apparently not.

hth
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Got an email today telling me I was now on their schoolcomms service!
All starting to feel a bit real ... :shock:

JD
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JamesDean wrote:Got an email today telling me I was now on their schoolcomms service!

JD
Scary!! :D
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

purplelilacs wrote:Hi
I've not posted before but we'll be there on Wednesday as my son is starting in Sept too.
Thought it might be helpful to say I've just checked with the school and the boys can come along too.
Might have just been my reading of the letter but I had thought it was just for parents, but apparently not.
hth
Welcome PurpleLilacs - sorry I didn't see your post before ...
See you on Wednesday - you'll recognise Yamin, she'll be wearing a pink carnation, carrying a copy of the times and trying to shake your hand in a peculiar manner! :lol:

JD
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

JamesDean wrote:
hth
Welcome PurpleLilacs - sorry I didn't see your post before ...
See you on Wednesday - you'll recognise Yamin, she'll be wearing a pink carnation, carrying a copy of the times and trying to shake your hand in a peculiar manner! :lol:

JD

Clearly you've met me before JD! I thought we kept our handshake secret?!
JamesDean wrote:Got an email today telling me I was now on their schoolcomms service!

Yes, we got that too.......!

JD
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

hth
Generally, the boys are expected/encouraged to attend most events. Off the top of my head I can only think of the Ball and a Pamper Evening this year, where they weren't. They are also pretty good at giving you the dress code for boys for events (usually for formal things, like Parents Evening, it is school uniform and for social events, smart casual).
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:

hth
Generally, the boys are expected/encouraged to attend most events. Off the top of my head I can only think of the Ball and a Pamper Evening this year, where they weren't. They are also pretty good at giving you the dress code for boys for events (usually for formal things, like Parents Evening, it is school uniform and for social events, smart casual).
Assume school uniform not necessary for this one? Not got the KES one yet and current uniform will get wrecked if they stay in it til 7pm!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I have no intention of DS2 appearing in school uniform tomorrow. From memory there were only a handful that turned up in uniform a few years ago (mainly the prep school type full on blazer affairs) and they certainly stood out amongst a sea of casuals - DS2 would be mortified if he had been one of them so strictly smart casual here!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Omg, sorry but omg! After 7 years of primary school how the heck am I going to manage all this!?? Overflowing with papers and information, ts terrifying. I'm heartened by the masters seeming totally unconcerned about year 7 boys settling in and catching the bus etc. But its me that needs the help! 2 different schools, both in opposite directions, 2 sets of social things, school things. Agggghhhhh! We are happy with our choices but when reality kicks in, for a while it is a bit terrifying! Thing 2 seems totally relaxed though!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now