Results day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
in Turmoil

Results day

Post by in Turmoil »

Is there anyone out there in as much as a state as me! I have been counting the days till next friday and not showing my daughter how stressed I am! She blew her first practice paper but then came out of both tests feeling confident, so if she dosen't get it she is going to be knocled for six!

This forum is the one thing that has been helping keep me going! :oops:
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

What will actually happen to her if she doesn't pass and is that bad ?
in Turmoil

Results day

Post by in Turmoil »

Nothing that bad the alternative school is great and I know she will be happy there! It's just her dissapointment, I work at the school that she will go to if she passes and my elder daughter is already a pupil here. Also all four of her cousins have qualified for Grammar.

Know she has felt the pressure and have not put any on her! I see what happens to kids that have been heavily coached to get into Grammar and it just dosen't work they struggle for ever more!

Roll on next Friday and get it over and done with!
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Good luck to you in turmoil and your daughter.

Reading your post, it sounds as if you have a great 2nd option - the fact that she is already somewhat familiar with the school because her older sibling and you work there is great, and the fact that you are happy with it.

Saying all that, I know exactly how nervous you feel, I am waiting for my daughters results to come in the post tomorrow - her school have already found out. Keeping my fingers crossed,
Medway Mum.
in Turmoil

Results day

Post by in Turmoil »

Thanks Medway Mum, I hope your post arrives tomorrow nice and promptly!

We get ours with the kids when they come home from school next Friday. I hope you get what you want.

Good Luck :lol:
in Turmoil

Results day

Post by in Turmoil »

Hi Medway Mum

Did you get waht you wanted?