Dr Challoner's address requirements

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
gideon

Post by gideon »

Can anyone explain what is meant by:

a) In order to qualify for admission under rules referring to the school’s catchment area, the applicant must have been resident at their home address continuously since April 1st of the year preceding proposed admission.

Example... Admisison for Sept 1st 2014.

Does this mean living at the address from April 1st 2014 to Sept 1st 2014?
or
April 1st 2103 to Sep 1st 2014

How far is the official catchment area of Dr Challoner's?

Thanks
Last edited by gideon on Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guest55

Re: Dr Challoner's address requirements

Post by Guest55 »

The latter 'the year preceding proposed admission' .. catchments are on http://www.buckscc.gov.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... ent-areas/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gideon

Post by gideon »

So one has to live for at least one year. So our Romanian friends cannot qualify if they moved from Jan 1st 2014.

Is this admisisons policy lawful? Does it fall foul of 1.8 and 2.19 of the Admissions Code and European law?

How is this one year requirement fair or reasonable? Has this ever been challenged?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Is this your next challenge Gideon? :roll:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Oh please yes! :lol:

I would love to see Gideon try and outwit Dr Fenton. :twisted:
gideon

Post by gideon »

I haven't objected to any yet, but have taken a close interest in objections. I take an interest in unlawful activity and unreasonable admissions policies (yes, unreasonable to me not you!)

I will raise this my friends and keep you updated after the policy is challenged ;)

Let me know which other schools do this and we can all have some fun :evil:

I do not know the area and do not know who Mr Fenton phd is. It seems, compared to the national average, house prices are very high near the school. £350k for a house and less for leasehold flats. Are most children from affluent families?

What is the logic of the 20 mile rule of owning a house you previously lived in. This seems easy to challenge.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The school is always over subscribed so people were renting to be close enough to get a place then moving back once a place was secured; the rule was added to stop this.

I have absolutely no interest in a place for my DS at this school as he's at university ... Gideon you presume too much in calling me a 'friend' as I don't know you.
Last edited by Guest55 on Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Gideon, I have told you before that the challoners catchment has one of the largest affordable housing estates in the local area.

Now don't ask for any more tips or information, I want to see you enter this particular challenge single handed, please can you record every word of every meeting and post the text copy verbatim. I was looking for a good summer read! :lol:
gideon

Post by gideon »

It didn't call anyone here a friend.... I said I would raise it with my friends.

I will not object. I know someone who will!

Those who object and release their name are copied in to the responses and can even attend a meeting. As such I would not be party to the meetings.

"The school is always over subscribed so people were renting to be close enough to get a place then moving back once a place was secured; the rule was added to stop this." But what is wrong with this?

There is nothing wrong with moving next to a school to get a grammar school place, that should be selecting on ability alone. Address should not matter. The only thing that should matter is the score. Highest scores should get a place. If others want a local school, go to a non-grammar.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I will raise this my friends

This is what you wrote ... was it an error?