Today's English exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bexley Mum 2

Today's English exam

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Hi, I wondered if anyone had any feedback on today's Bexley English exam (I'm not using the new Bexley site because you can only use it if you are registered and I haven't done that yet). General opinions were that it was OK, but my son said the punctuation section was hard. He reckoned there were about 10 punctuation questions out of a total of 60 and he had to guess quite a lot. Now I'm feeling guilty for not having spent more time with him on punctuation. I don't want to give him the 3rd degree but 10 punctuation questions out of 60 seems a lot, given there were two comprehensions - anybody any ideas?
l_bexley

Post by l_bexley »

Son agrees that there were about 10 punctuation questions.

Hope this helps.

Post by Guest »

My daughter sat the test. She said the same, about 10 questions and two comprehensions.
traceyanne

Post by traceyanne »

Was anybody else warned about 2 comprehensions? My daughter also found more than the usual 'n's in the punctuation excersise. We've been told there is normally only one or two 'no mistakes' in these tests so we're worried she hasn't done too well in the punctuation as well.
l_bexley

Post by l_bexley »

Son thinks there was only one "N" - but he's not particularly great at punctuation, so who knows!
Bex mum

Post by Bex mum »

My daughter also said that for the punctuation and spelling exercises she found 2 answers in each that seemed right so she put 'n' - i was also only expecting 1 question to be like that. She missed one of her tests because she was ill - i'd be grateful if anyone has had experience of this and knows when they have to take it by?
Alice73

Post by Alice73 »

My daughter put several 'n's as well, I thought, it was more than should be.
Alice
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now